Controlling TV volume with the HR24 remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dennis Brown

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I have used the on-screen commands to program my HR24 remote to control the functions of my Sony HDTV. After going thru the scenario, the menu says it worked and I can control the TV's volume with the remote. However, after I leave the on-screen command section, the HR24 no longer controls the volume.

Does anyone know what I doing wrong, if anything.

Thanks and aloha and mahalo from the Big Island

Dennis

I have used the on-screen commands to program my HR24 remote to control the functions of my Sony HDTV. After going thru the scenario, the menu says it worked and I can control the TV's volume with the remote. However, after I leave the on-screen command section, the HR24 no longer controls the volume.

Does anyone know what I doing wrong, if anything.

Thanks and aloha and mahalo from the Big Island

Dennis

Dennis,
Go back into your remote set up and re run the set up, there are more than one set of codes, I would try running it and when it tells you that it found one , did it work(it probably found the one you just tried ) say NO and it will look for the next code and run the program ... then try it again and see if that worked.

I'm not sure if there is a setting for manual programming or not.

Fwiw, the D* remotes are very nice and work well.
Don't forget you can also set it for RF incase line of sight is an issue for you.

Sorry Elway, but I haven't had trouble with my remotes either :)

With extra signal added to the volume commands coming out of the directv remotes makes the signal unrecognizable to the recent sony tv's. While in program mode this extra signal is absent.

with receiver off, just program remote like so:

1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 1 0 0 0 0

If the volume still doesn't work try the following:

1. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
2. enter 9 7 3
3. press CH UP

at last resort:

1. tv
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

Dennis,
Go back into your remote set up and re run the set up, there are more than one set of codes, I would try running it and when it tells you that it found one , did it work(it probably found the one you just tried ) say NO and it will look for the next code and run the program ... then try it again and see if that worked.

I'm not sure if there is a setting for manual programming or not.

Fwiw, the D* remotes are very nice and work well.
Don't forget you can also set it for RF incase line of sight is an issue for you.

Sorry Elway, but I haven't had trouble with my remotes either :)

I tried all 23 Sony codes without success. I wish I could use my old Dish remote. It was easy to program. I give up. I'll continue to use my TV remote together with the Directv turkey.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Dennis

I tried all 23 Sony codes without success. I wish I could use my old Dish remote. It was easy to program. I give up. I'll continue to use my TV remote together with the Directv turkey.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Dennis

Dennis,
Edmond is the Remote Guru.
Try what he says and let us know.

With extra signal added to the volume commands coming out of the directv remotes makes the signal unrecognizable to the recent sony tv's. While in program mode this extra signal is absent.

with receiver off, just program remote like so:

1. tv
3. enter 1 0 0 0 0

If the volume still doesn't work try the following:

1. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
2. enter 9 7 3
3. press CH UP

at last resort:

1. tv
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

Thanks Edmund.

The "10000" option worked. Is there any way I can control the volume of another TV that it is in a remote location not in sight of the receiver.

Thanks again.

Dennis

Are you asking if you can use the remote with two tv's on the same remote? You can have two different tv programmed to the same remote, but only one volume will be punched through to the directv device, you could set up two identical sat receivers with volume coming from a different tv each.

so the remote would be programmed thos way:

Dtv device: sat receiver with volume from TV device
AV1 device: same sat receiver with volume from AV2 device
AV2: remote tv
Tv: main tv

tell me if you wish it programmed this way?

Edmund:
After implementing the "10000" option, the DIRECTV remote now controls the volume of my Sony TV, which is in the same room as the DIRECTV receiver.

I have split the HD signal from the Sony (via an HDMI cord and powered HDMI splitter) and routed it to a Visio TV in another room. My question is can I program the same DIRECTV remote (maybe using the AV1 or AV2 settings) to control the volume of the Visio TV.

Thanks,

Dennis

The DIRECTV remote now control the volume of all three of my tv's.

Again, Thanks everyone.

Dennis

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts