Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
I've read almost all the new info today, and still have one question. Will a 4DTV box that has been converted, still get the freebies on GB and T4? I know the tiles will remain but will the channels? :confused:

Euro If your talking about the "U" channels on 4096. Probably not since it was set up for a different EMM. I'm still running my old CKeys out so I can't check with the new EMM yet. They still work with the old cat key if you still have an active one.

Euro If your talking about the "U" channels on 4096. Probably not since it was set up for a different EMM. I'm still running my old CKeys out so I can't check with the new EMM yet. They still work with the old cat key if you still have an active one.

Me too. I'm still running on my old SRL MTV Mini-Pak that was actually over on 12/21/10.

Last edited:
Is there a reason we're not getting X4 ch215 TV Land.When trying to turn to it. My receiver skips it. Maybe it's just me having trouble.

Net on T4 will work its ZK. NFL net was "U' under 4096 it will no longer work with 4160. It gives the dreaded "this channel is not available" BTW get use to that saying it will be all over the place. :(

Is there a reason we're not getting X4 ch215 TV Land.When trying to turn to it. My receiver skips it. Maybe it's just me having trouble.

Mapping problem I reported it weeks ago. Just go to W5 602 for now that will work.

Thanks, guys. The funny thing is I ventured around the arc a bit ago and saw lots of "This Channel Not Available" but everything Discovery on C3/C4 says "No Subscription" Maybe an indication of those being available in the future?

No the NS stuff still means that the old 4096 category key is active on that channel. Eventually we will see nothing but "This channel is not available" I hate that dreaded message its so final :( That would only go away if they are added to 4160 in the future.

After reading this thread, I have to wonder, what was the point in being concerned about keeping the generic tiles? It doesn't look like they are going to be of any value at all, or I am I missing something? I guess this also means when master feeds are ITC in the future, we'll never be able to view those again, right?
If so, then what were we trying to accomplish besides still being able to move our dishes across the arc?

My 922 receiver would no longer receiver the FP or ZK channels unless I unplugged the receiver on one of those channels and re-plugged it in after I had changed the EMM provider number.

I see people posting all kinds of info all over the net tonight but they are not even saying they have purged the old EMM number so I would be cautious until you hear from those who say they have and let others know what is really going on.
The ZK & FP channels will not come in automatically like you have been used to after you do the change over on W5 on the 922 receivers, using the workaround procedure. The only way I have found for the 922 receivers to pull in these channels is to unplug the unit and plug it back in again.
I do not know if the 920 receivers will be any different.

After reading this thread, I have to wonder, what was the point in being concerned about keeping the generic tiles? It doesn't look like they are going to be of any value at all, or I am I missing something? I guess this also means when master feeds are ITC in the future, we'll never be able to view those again, right?
If so, then what were we trying to accomplish besides still being able to move our dishes across the arc?

If you have not converted your receiver over on W5 then you will be able to receive any FP and ZK signal out there, also if you have a 920 receiver you will not have any problems with 'Missing Ratings Information'.
As far as the 'U' status this is yet to be determined and everyone will have to wait to find out if they will or will not play.

also there is alot more out there for the 4dtv receiver to do then just pick up DCII channels. without all the tiles in the receiver it would render the receiver a piece of junk even as a dish mover since it did not come with enough satellite tiles for what is up there.

So will I have to unplug my receiver every time I go from watching a X4 channel to listening to my choice of music or what?

zk is fine. dumping the 4096 emm will kill all the fp stuff but the tiles remain. so like i figured the positioner is safe until a master reset is needed and the itc stuff is pretty much done unless its zk. moto shoulda done a firmware update with updated tiles. nobody has mentioned motos restructuring that coincided with the january 4th sac shut down. i think it was simply a business decision to make money and us cbanders dont pay well. haha. either way i got some good dmx tunes. 4play backup/restore is needed.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts