Conversion and ZK/FP Channels...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Speaking of screwed up things. The clock on my 922 is screwed up. 3 hours ahead and minutes off by about 3 and it has not received a hit from anything since before Dec 24th.

Anyone know of a channel to tune to that will set the clock?

Davage said:
I really feel sorry for the folks at SRL and SkyVision who are trying to work through every different possible combination of options in all receivers. I certainly wouldn't want to be working the tech support desk at either company this week.

Me either!

I hope they stay the course and peeps cut them a break! I believe they are doing everything they can and dealing with each issue on a 1 by 1 basis!

Tested T4 on all 3 NETs - good: GB on 403 only, no 410.
This with my 905 converted to 4160 EMM stream by 4 step method to retain the sat maps.

Tested with NOT_converted 4DTV 922 that was disconnected from 12/23 through 1/5. Both 403 and 410(NFL) are ITC.

You informed me that a purchase of TVLAND on X4 could be watched on W5-602. I found that W5 is now populated with duplicate SUB screens. When I purchase service on X4 will that service also be viewable on the matching W5 transponders.

On GB 410 (I have 922 receiver) I notice MP and MS showing on the C. Authorization Status line. What's MP and MS? And US on 601? And NS on 606?

C4-581 - Northwest Cable News - Authorization Status - ZK
GENERIC - CG-304 / CG-305 (CG @ G5) - Have tone and color bars - Authorization Status - FP
W3-The 3 ZK channels in the 600's that are currently running there - working fine
T4-601/602 - NET PBS (Weak Signal on my 7.5ft Sami, but they are working) - ZK
GB-752 - CCTV4 - FP
GB-783 - Advertising TV of some sort - FP
G9-820's - Music Channels - ZK
M5-805, 806, 808,809 - Edusat from Mexico - ZK
T7-891 to 896 - Radio Stations - ZK

I have done the conversion and have checked these channels. I agree with Davage except where noted.

I show:

Generic CG @ G5 304, 305 as US
PBS NET T4 600, 601 US
NFL Net GB 410 MP
NESN CE @ C3 362 MP
(I don't know what MP means, but I am not getting them)

I did find Catholic TV C3, 680 FP

If there are any others please post them. I will be happy to check them. Since I am technically challanged, this is my way to contribute something to all of the time and effort these guys have put into this . Thanks.

Authorization codes

• ZK Zero Key, channel is open for everybody.
• FP Fixed Processed or fixed key, channel is open, BUT might need authorization or subscription to be viewable.
• MP Multiple Processed or scrambled, channel is scrambled and need a key and authorization/subscription.
• U Universal Access, often used in preview mode.
• MI Missing Information, channel cannot be viewed because of missing information.
• NS Not Subscribed, channel is not available until you subscribe.
• S Subscribed, channel is available

"U" Universal only works in it's own EMM universe. Hence why NFL net worked with 4096 but not 4160.

"U" Universal only works in it's own EMM universe. Hence why NFL net worked with 4096 but not 4160.

If Comcast wanted to, could they add NFL net to the 4160 universe, as well as other feeds we lost authorization to? Or is that something only MOT could do? I'm sure Comcast would never do it nor have any reason to. But wondering just the same.

NFL net was in 4096 since it was a subscription channel with the 4D. Being run in "U" was the uplinks decision. I don't think Comcast is interested at this time to sell or give away such services. The smoke after the blast (1/4) is starting to settle now and it is not the old 4DTV business as usual world anymore. Certain things are bugging me and finding answers to these may never happen :( Things bugging me mostly are are, map issues, generics, MR armageddon, and other little things. Not the same world.

I'm going to wait it out unconverted, and see how much of this stuff will still come in, when my 920 goes OC. I will sub with my 410 for now and leave the 920 alone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts