Conversion and ZK/FP Channels...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If ZK and FP channels are not working after converting to the HITS EMM but then do work again after a reboot then here is my theory.

HITS EMM is sending out a BIT that disables ZK and FP and doing a reboot clears that. If this is correct then SRL needs to get it fixed to not be sending that out.

If I remember correctly. On sattalk last night Mike said that an excessive amount of channels (somewhere over 4800) was causing all kinds of problems too.

If I remember correctly. On sattalk last night Mike said that an excessive amount of channels (somewhere over 4800) was causing all kinds of problems too.

I'm not sure what my real channel count is.

On the "System Status" page it says "Channels: 4782".

But on the "Manual Tune" page it says "Channels: 4844".

If others are seeing different your receiver is defying the DC-2 mode of operation. It may be because of a high TDT or the hit was never taken properly to 4160.

You are assuming things again with no basis for backup proof. Sorry, but once again you are incorrect on both points.

I wish it did not happen the way it did but once again I only report what it actually does after doing the procedure properly.
I saw the diagnostic screen A numbers all turn to (0000 0 ) Before they showed (FED4 1) I did the activation using WebSams.
I watched the receiver take the proper hits after-wards, I watched as the new guide loaded from W5. After leaving W5 is when the other things were noticed.
Telling people anything different would be an injustice and wrong!
My TDT count is and was 1756 nothing changed.
The channel count did not change but I don't have that in front of me right now.

To highskies:
Since your showing 'OC' can you move over to GB-410 or GB-802 and let us know if you can receive these channels.
That is only if you have not done any type of conversion on W5/X4

BTW, I did hit options 6,7,7,8,1 on the 922 which shows the EMM provider at 4160
(this does not work with the 920 receiver as there is no EMM provider info on those receivers there)

Last edited:
I'm not sure what my real channel count is.

On the "System Status" page it says "Channels: 4782".

But on the "Manual Tune" page it says "Channels: 4844".

I'm not sure either but I did notice that the number on the manual tune page changes depending on what satellite your on

That statement makes no sense whatsoever!
I know Mike and he is a decent person but still, that statement is not correct unless the companies putting out the data stream for the 4d receivers have put something in there to make this happen this way.

A maxed out TDT count? yes. That is a know fact.
Too many channels? Sorry this is not causing a problem and has never been known to be an issue in over 12 years with these receivers.

Something being sent out on the hits data stream when the workaround procedure was done?
This is the most plausible answer I have head so far.
Then this would be where tvropro should be screaming that Motorola did this to mess us up since this is where they(SRL) received the info from to put into the new data stream for the conversion process.

If ZK and FP channels are not working after converting to the HITS EMM but then do work again after a reboot then here is my theory.

HITS EMM is sending out a BIT that disables ZK and FP and doing a reboot clears that. If this is correct then SRL needs to get it fixed to not be sending that out.

There is no hidden bit. I don't know why some are having issues. My fellow tester Davage posted a list of FP channels after the conversion on a Motorola 922. He is no greenhorn to DC-2 in fact he has experience back many years with GI & Motorola decoders. I trust his report and what he said is it works fine. If you had to unplug your receiver to revert back to 4096 you never took 4160. Your EMM was at 0. Once the 4160 is taken a soft boot will only refresh 4160.

There is no hidden bit. I don't know why some are having issues. My fellow tester Davage posted a list of FP channels after the conversion on a Motorola 922. He is no greenhorn to DC-2 in fact he has experience back many years with GI & Motorola decoders. I trust his report and what he said is it works fine. If you had to unplug your receiver to revert back to 4096 you never took 4160. Your EMM was at 0. Once the 4160 is taken a soft boot will only refresh 4160.

ill confirm this behaviour. if you auth reset you will lose 4096(1000 hex) to 0000. if you do not rehit your reciever and then unplug it, it will revert back to 4096 emm.

crackt out,.

If you had to unplug your receiver to revert back to 4096 you never took 4160. Your EMM was at 0. Once the 4160 is taken a soft boot will only refresh 4160.

I never said my receiver reverted back to 4160. I did however say I never saw this number 4160 nor 4169 on my receivers.
That was until today when I checked my 922 Motorola receiver by hitting - options-6-7-7-8-1 and there I saw a screen showing the actual EMM number which was 4160.

When you find out for yourself then maybe you will not be so quick in what you are saying. I know you mean well but the info you are getting is not what is going on with what other 4dtv receivers are doing.

One thing did hit me a moment ago and that is there were many times a reboot was necessary to accept some changes on some receivers.
Could this be what happened to me? Maybe. I'm not certain yet. When I did this yesterday it was getting late and I did not finish up till midnight.
I am doing some other testing on the 922 today.

I can say this much at this time, it does not matter if your on W5 or X4 when doing the workaround procedure. It is the same satellite using the same signals/frequencies.
The guide info for HITS is a trickle down guide so it takes longer to load much like the Canadian Shaw Direct uses. It does not matter what digital channel you are on when your at the W5 satellite the guide will pull in for you on any of the HITS DCII channels. However, I believe you must have that activated before you will receive the guide. Again I used Websams to activate my guide on the 922 receiver.
So for those who are not getting the guide, I ask, did you get the guide activated?

I have a 922. I used the "Official" process and everything went as it should. All the channels on X4 work and the guide did load. I went to GB-410 and got the message "This channel is not available". I unplugged the receiver and plugged it back in. Still no GB-410. I went back to X4. Everything was still there but the guide needed to reload. Did a 67781 and the EMM was still 4160.

I am getting picture on G1 channel 11 with Emm 4160 using a Drs 922 if that means anything to the topic here.

Candid

i dont think Digicipher2 changes have any effect on analog broadcasts.

I have a 922. I used the "Official" process and everything went as it should. All the channels on X4 work and the guide did load. I went to GB-410 and got the message "This channel is not available". I unplugged the receiver and plugged it back in. Still no GB-410. I went back to X4. Everything was still there but the guide needed to reload. Did a 67781 and the EMM was still 4160.

your emm will always be 4160 until you find someone who could auth another emm stream. currently comcast is the only one authorising with a 4160 emm. your reciever is behaving as it should. 410 @ gb is gone for you.

crackt out,.

your emm will always be 4160 until you find someone who could auth another emm stream. currently comcast is the only one authorising with a 4160 emm. your reciever is behaving as it should. 410 @ gb is gone for you.

crackt out,.
Yes, I know. I was simply reporting my experience with my equipment to add to the collective knowledge.

I went back over to W5 tonight, and the 922 proceeded to obtain the guide info.
Waited forever to take a hit on the receiver. After last night when unplugging the receiver it had cleared out the info for the guide and hit's coming in. After taking 5 hits I returned to NEB PBS which is in ZK and this time it came in. Went over to Sat Mex-5-780 Edusat and those came in as well.
Remember last night no ZK nor FP channels came in till after unplugging the receiver so it is possible that the same old procedure that has baffled people for no apparent reason when some needed to unplug the receiver to receive new channel changes in the past is still going on and some people may have to unplug their receivers after doing the workaround procedure to be able to view the FP & ZK DCII channels.
This hopefully only needs to be done once after you first do the work-around on W5.
I know that as of now I can get the guide/ receive hits from X4/W5 and after unplugging the receiver one time last night still receive the FP & ZK DCII signals. (This does not change any channels using the 'U' status.)

I never said my receiver reverted back to 4160. I did however say I never saw this number 4160 nor 4169 on my receivers.
That was until today when I checked my 922 Motorola receiver by hitting - options-6-7-7-8-1 and there I saw a screen showing the actual EMM number which was 4160.

When you find out for yourself then maybe you will not be so quick in what you are saying. I know you mean well but the info you are getting is not what is going on with what other 4dtv receivers are doing.

One thing did hit me a moment ago and that is there were many times a reboot was necessary to accept some changes on some receivers.
Could this be what happened to me? Maybe. I'm not certain yet. When I did this yesterday it was getting late and I did not finish up till midnight.
I am doing some other testing on the 922 today.

I can say this much at this time, it does not matter if your on W5 or X4 when doing the workaround procedure. It is the same satellite using the same signals/frequencies.
The guide info for HITS is a trickle down guide so it takes longer to load much like the Canadian Shaw Direct uses. It does not matter what digital channel you are on when your at the W5 satellite the guide will pull in for you on any of the HITS DCII channels. However, I believe you must have that activated before you will receive the guide. Again I used Websams to activate my guide on the 922 receiver.
So for those who are not getting the guide, I ask, did you get the guide activated?

I just helped a friend of mine do the conversion using my 4 step procedure on my website. We got a phone auth after doing options 67780. soon as the hit was taken we checked X4 it was working. I went to CG@G5 302-305 color bars came up on 304 & 305 just like with 4096 302 & 303 showed this channel not available same on my 922. the color bars are FP. Went over to GB 410 a 4096 U channel it showed this channel not available. All previous 4DTV subscription channels show this channel not available The two FP channels in the NBC Mux ITC work with the options 644/enter/info. This unit is a Motorola 922. So now I have seen first hand it can work right. I don't know why others are having issues. EMM shows 4160 on the 922. and the Guide works.

I don't know why some issues are appearing either, I certainty did not expect what I saw last night but at least knowing what I do; I did unplug the receiver to get back the FP & ZK signals. The point is these things happen with these receivers so getting the info out with the workaround can help in the long run.

I know that my BBC sub was not coming in for me even after re-hitting the 4d. That sub does not expire till May or June. I had to call in and even then the process did not bring back the BBC America channel. The rep went to their supervisor and 5 minutes later it came in for me.
That plus some other unexpected results which I can not discuss here in the open.
So this is definitely a YMMV scenario with this conversion process. Not all receivers will act the same. gotta remember who designed them after all.

Not all receivers will act the same. gotta remember who designed them after all.

Exactly :)

Each receiver in the field is slightly different. Some have the AI tile mapped in, some don't. Some have the TDT count maxed out, some don't. Some people have C and Ku, some have C-Band only. I really feel sorry for the folks at SRL and SkyVision who are trying to work through every different possible combination of options in all receivers. I certainly wouldn't want to be working the tech support desk at either company this week.

I'm not subscribed to anything on W5/X4. My 922 recently went OC on GB-410 (NFL). Just for kicks, I did the Options 67780 and changed EMM 4096 to 0. It really screwed up my 922. ZK and FP channels didn't work anymore. After I unplugged the 922, the ZK and FP channels started working again. But the U channels still don't work. I guess there is nothing else to be done to get them back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)