Convert video to Ipod

Someone, anyone, please send me a video file that they know works in Itunes....just a 10 second video clip in mp4 format or h264.

Ok, received your files. The good news (and the bad news) is that those didnt' work either! had the sound but no video!? Just green and black video. Now I am at a loss. I have uninstalled and reinstalled itunes. I am at a complete loss now...

Ok, received your files. The good news (and the bad news) is that those didnt' work either! had the sound but no video!? Just green and black video. Now I am at a loss. I have uninstalled and reinstalled itunes. I am at a complete loss now...

Ok, I know those files work - and I suspect your videos work too. But the bad, is that you have some weird codec issue going on. I don't have a clue what to suggest.

Can you play other types of video? i.e., in Windows Media Player?

Hopefully others will have some suggestions.

yeah, i have no problems playing videos in wmp or quicktime or anything else for that matter. This is insane...However, although I uninstalled Itunes, when I reinstalled it, my library was already there the first time I ran it. Made me think that the program didn't completely delete itself. I guess I wil try again tomorrow

yeah, i have no problems playing videos in wmp or quicktime or anything else for that matter. This is insane...However, although I uninstalled Itunes, when I reinstalled it, my library was already there the first time I ran it. Made me think that the program didn't completely delete itself. I guess I wil try again tomorrow

Yeah, the library will remain. Becareful though, if you have bought anything, and delete the library, say good bye to it.

His problem is NOT about conversion software; its about being able to view the files within iTunes. Getting green screens when playing converted video.

Have you given handbrake a try?

HandBrake

It has all the presets for iPods etc. However, you will need DVDFab (the free one) or DVD Decrypter to get the unprotected .iso file. Once you have the .iso file, select the preset (usually ipod hi-rez will do fine) and select your input .iso and output file name and wait about 2-3 hours. It is setup for multi-threaded or multi-processor machines...so a quad core should plow right through things.

Have you given handbrake a try?

HandBrake

It has all the presets for iPods etc. However, you will need DVDFab (the free one) or DVD Decrypter to get the unprotected .iso file. Once you have the .iso file, select the preset (usually ipod hi-rez will do fine) and select your input .iso and output file name and wait about 2-3 hours. It is setup for multi-threaded or multi-processor machines...so a quad core should plow right through things.

+1

H.264 files from HandBrake work perfectly on my Ipod and Itunes

FINALLY! A PROGRAM THAT WORKS! For some reason, the movie still doesn't not play in iTunes, but for some reason, unlike the usual "this file is imcompatible with your iPod" message, it transfered to my iPod and played great on there. I guess this will work for now. Thanks everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)