Converting Was So Easy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anony55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
USA
I finally broke down this weekend and converted my 922 with the "No Brick" instructions on tvropro's website. It was much easier than I expected.

I went with the Basic Digital pack. I'll probably end up switching to the Discovery Pack later (if it's still available at that time). I've been wanting to see the ole 922 do something besides move the dish for FTA for a while now.

I had to have NatGeo for all the 911 stuff this week. Since Charlie was gonna charge me an extra five bucks for upgrading again too soon, I just went ahead got the Digital Basic instead of just the Disc pack... for this month anyway.

Of course, I can DVR the HITS stuff. I have it hooked up to the "analog in" ports on the tv card in my HTPC. Record, pause, rewind, fast forward... works like a charm. :)

Cheers

Late adopter :) Better late than never. Glad my 4 steps to no brick went off without a hitch, it usually does. Enjoy H2H and remember no rain fade :D

Yep. And another advantage to going this route is the way it's all hooked up. The way my distribution is set up, we can watch any video source in any room. Since my Dish receiver is single tuner, this opens up more viewing options.

I cheated a little on the guide. I setup a favorites group on the Dish Net receiver that's called "4DTV". It has most of the channels in my package & goes out 8 or so days. The HITS guide does pretty decent too, but doesn't go out quite that far, lol.

Cheers

I cheated a little on the guide. I setup a favorites group on the Dish Net receiver that's called "4DTV". It has most of the channels in my package & goes out 8 or so days. The HITS guide does pretty decent too, but doesn't go out quite that far, lol.

Cheers

I made a favorites list with DirecTV's guide thats called 4DTV H2H this allows me the same thing. Pizza is good for a guide. BTW any old DirecTv receiver with a 18" plate pointed at 101 will give you the guide free. No card is even needed in the thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)