Cool Mercury II Feature!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bill190

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
In the "Antenna Setup" menu, when I am finding a new satellite, and have moved my dish to where the satellite is, then gone back to the main "Antenna Setup" menu ....

...in the upper right hand corner of the screen there will sometimes pop up a channel name in brackets like: [Channel xyz]

And this will be a channel for the transponder I have selected. (takes a few seconds for this to appear.)

This seems to happen when the quality meter has a high reading, but not when the quality meter is reading next to nothing.

For example:

1. By going to "Antenna Setup" menu and selecting SatMex 5 C, I move my dish to SatMex 5 C (116.8°W). Note: When a sat has C/Ku such as this sat, I have created two sat names, one C and the other Ku.

Then I switch to frequency 3869/H/3000 (C-Band)

Then in the upper right hand corner of the screen, this pops up:
[Tu Superestación]

This does not seem to appear in the positioner sub-menu. Just in the main "Antenna Setup" menu.

So this feature is very handy to verify that you do in fact have your dish pointed at the correct satellite. Of course if there is nothing on the transponder you have selected, nothing will appear.

My Coolsat 5000 has that feature too. I often wondered why it was there, never thought about using it to verify the satellite-channel I was on. I'll have to watch it more closely and see if its accurate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)