coolsat 4000 motor operation?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bassist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
South Carolina
Is there a good set of instructions somewhere on how to use a motor with the CS 4000?

I'm trying to install a motor. Here's where I'm at:

I'm using the CS4000 outside right next to my dish/motor set up with a DTV lnb.

Using the USALS setting, I entered my longitude & latitude. I then told my dish to move to nimiq at 91W (82w circular is almost as hard to hit as 83W linear in my locale.)

The dish moved into position, I adjusted the elevation up on the dish a little, got a good lock and peaked it out by manually nudging the assembly. After locking it down here's what happens:

When I try to exit out of the motor menu, the motor moves the dish back to not quite 0 degrees. I'm not being allowed to access the channels on 91w at all (they're scrambled anyway); the dish moves back to 0 degreees.

unless you scan a channel in once the dish moves, when you back out it goes to the last channel you were on

When I have set up motorized units, I make sure to scan in a channel before I back out so the motor doesnt move :)

unless you scan a channel in once the dish moves, when you back out it goes to the last channel you were on

When I have set up motorized units, I make sure to scan in a channel before I back out so the motor doesnt move :)

Thanks, Iceberg.

Understood.

Now for the next puzzler; one of my CS4000s has a "fine" motor movement in the motor menu. The other one doesn't. The one without the fine control was reset to the factory file. The one with the "fine" has an old pirate file. Would the difference in files account for this?

yep

Version 1.00 did not have the fine motor option but the 1.01 and later did. That is on the CS5000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)