Coolsat 5000 Platinum Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
As Iceberg says, there is no system for establishing channel numbers. My CS5000 shows Pastor Scott on channel 98, if I choose just the 97W satellite, and channel 459 if I choose "All Sats" in the selection process. Mostly it is assigned by the order that the channel is scanned in, unlike the MAJOR commercial providers, that have a unique SID for each channel and use THAT number as a channel number in their receivers.
:)

I think the only sat other than the DBS sats that has something like a "SID" is Globecast. If you notice when you scan 97W some of the Globecast test channels will say "Globecast 456" or "Globecast 5".....I know the Visionsat I had would do a channel list on 97 like that where numbers were all over the place.

The Globecast receiver does acknowledge SID so a channel like VCT4 may show on that reciever as channel 250

Thanks Guys. Based on the last posts, I no longer have a problem. It will stimulate my brain to remember my favorites between my home system and my shop system LOL! I woudl never have guessed that there was no channel standard. Thank You 8Valve

The Glorystar list is assigned by Glorystar in the firmware/channel list data set. I have arranged the channels on non- GS receivers to be in the same order, however they do not have the same number -- therefore TBN is after Daystar on all the systems I have set up.... One problem to that now is Glorystar just moved the location of Church Channel way up to (? 150?). So now they no longer match-- Sorry to my customers who have both a Glorystar receiver and something else!

rv1pop said:
The Glorystar list is assigned by Glorystar in the firmware/channel list data set. I have arranged the channels on non- GS receivers to be in the same order, however they do not have the same number -- therefore TBN is after Daystar on all the systems I have set up.... One problem to that now is Glorystar just moved the location of Church Channel way up to (? 150?). So now they no longer match-- Sorry to my customers who have both a Glorystar receiver and something else!

Sorry rv1pop! Needed to place a new channel in the top 5 channel placement. The Church Channel is now on channel 115.

I knew it had a 1 and a 5 in the number, but I was nowhere near a Glorystar receiver... (And the Coolsat I was near was not hooked up to anything!) Please pardon my warped sense of humor.
We had a little wind and I thought I had lost position of my main dish -- NOPE it was a primestar LNB and a 90° elbow on the RG6 run on the back of the receiver that had failed - 2 failures on one unit. What a waste of a days work!

Sorry rv1pop! Needed to place a new channel in the top 5 channel placement. The Church Channel is now on channel 115.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts