Coolsat 5000 Platinum Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As Iceberg says, there is no system for establishing channel numbers. My CS5000 shows Pastor Scott on channel 98, if I choose just the 97W satellite, and channel 459 if I choose "All Sats" in the selection process. Mostly it is assigned by the order that the channel is scanned in, unlike the MAJOR commercial providers, that have a unique SID for each channel and use THAT number as a channel number in their receivers.
:)

I think the only sat other than the DBS sats that has something like a "SID" is Globecast. If you notice when you scan 97W some of the Globecast test channels will say "Globecast 456" or "Globecast 5".....I know the Visionsat I had would do a channel list on 97 like that where numbers were all over the place.

The Globecast receiver does acknowledge SID so a channel like VCT4 may show on that reciever as channel 250

Thanks Guys. Based on the last posts, I no longer have a problem. It will stimulate my brain to remember my favorites between my home system and my shop system LOL! I woudl never have guessed that there was no channel standard. Thank You 8Valve

The Glorystar list is assigned by Glorystar in the firmware/channel list data set. I have arranged the channels on non- GS receivers to be in the same order, however they do not have the same number -- therefore TBN is after Daystar on all the systems I have set up.... One problem to that now is Glorystar just moved the location of Church Channel way up to (? 150?). So now they no longer match-- Sorry to my customers who have both a Glorystar receiver and something else!

rv1pop said:
The Glorystar list is assigned by Glorystar in the firmware/channel list data set. I have arranged the channels on non- GS receivers to be in the same order, however they do not have the same number -- therefore TBN is after Daystar on all the systems I have set up.... One problem to that now is Glorystar just moved the location of Church Channel way up to (? 150?). So now they no longer match-- Sorry to my customers who have both a Glorystar receiver and something else!

Sorry rv1pop! Needed to place a new channel in the top 5 channel placement. The Church Channel is now on channel 115.

I knew it had a 1 and a 5 in the number, but I was nowhere near a Glorystar receiver... (And the Coolsat I was near was not hooked up to anything!) Please pardon my warped sense of humor.
We had a little wind and I thought I had lost position of my main dish -- NOPE it was a primestar LNB and a 90° elbow on the RG6 run on the back of the receiver that had failed - 2 failures on one unit. What a waste of a days work!

Sorry rv1pop! Needed to place a new channel in the top 5 channel placement. The Church Channel is now on channel 115.

Status
Please reply by conversation.