Coolsat 5000 vs. Coolsat 6000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
They are basicaly the same. The 6000 has a little more memory, but they are in my opinion one of the best blind scan recievers ever made. Great motor control also.

The 6000 is basically a 5000 guts in a 4000 box
The look of the 4000/6000 is different than the 5000

both work just fine :)

Can someone direct me to the coolsat 5000 plat loader and factory bin. Thanks in advance. I checked the coolsat website but saw nothing. Thank you again.

Nice buy there, jrturbo!

I bought a CS6000 locally last winter for $10 off of Craiglist, after I got the parrot poop cleaned out of the firmware it's worked great. ;)

Coolsat 5000 Plat Not flashing

Hi, I dont know if im doing something wront, but the receiver will not flash. I first hit the power button so its in the standby mode(shows the time) then I try to connect with the loader but, the loader says "Connect your receiver and turn it on." Dont know what to do :( Can someone help me. Thank you very much. Ive used this same cable to flash my Captiveworks 800s and it worked fine.

Using Coolsat Pro Loader v2.4

The first question of course, is, did you unzip the file? If you did and it still isn't working with the loader prog, you may not have the correct cable. Whether you're coolsat uses the same one as the other rec you mentioned, no answer for you. Maybe someone else who has used the CS will come along shortly.

The 5000 Platinum uses a Straight Data Cable. What is the cable type for the Captiveworks 800s? Is it Null or straight? Check Coolsat website for cable types here. Scroll down to see specifications.

Before you hook everything up, turn off the main power switch on the back. After all is hooked up, start the loader on your PC then turn the main power switch back on when prompted.

once you get the right cable hook it up, open loader, open file and it should recognize the software in the receiver. it will say something like "version 1.05" then hit "start" and let it download. Dont do anything then until the receiver reboots

i put the older version, seems to be working good, should i put a different one? i think its 1.0 the one i put on it. would it have all the satellites? Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)