Coolsat 5000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks SatelliteAV! I ordered one of the last black receivers yesterday. I was told there are still some silver in stock, so hurry if you haven't taken advavtage of this offer yet.

sidekick said:
Thanks SatelliteAV ! I just ordered mine as well. Now maybe I can get the audio on the other PBS stations. :)

You sure will! The AC3 output is via Toslink cable from what I have read. Been nice if it were coaxial. (longer room to room run)

The Coolsat 5000 has both :)

I use the coaxial (RCA) plug for my AC-3. I have a long run to the audio receiver

That is good to hear. I have the FTA receivers in my office and the rack is about 20 feet away in the HT. Any audio would need to be coaxial. Somebody had the info wrong on a previous post. Sorry for the misinformation my part.

on the back there are 4 coaxial plugs right together. Video, Audio R, Audio L and SPDIF. next to that is the Toslink ocnnection :)

Hey Ice, since I have the Coolsat 4000 now and will be getting the 5000 soon, will I be able to just plug the 5000 in place of the 4000 and start receiving? Is there anything drastically different? Thanks

sidekick said:
Hey Ice, since I have the Coolsat 4000 now and will be getting the 5000 soon, will I be able to just plug the 5000 in place of the 4000 and start receiving? Is there anything drastically different? Thanks

there really isnt any difference. Heck I'd upload the channels from the 4000 and download it into the 5000 and you'd be all set :)

Unless you upgraded the software on the 4000 a while back, the 5000 you can choose the frequency range when blind scanning.

Mine arrived today. Ordered on Monday and received in 5 days to Indy. My initial observations are good. The blind scan picks up stuff I never new was out there. One thing I noticed comparing the 5000 to my Pan Sat 330A is I like the user interface better on the Pan Sat. Maybe just a learning curve and getting used to it. I have not had to open the owners manual yet so I guess this means the 5000 is pretty user friendly in it's own right.

One BIG F' up I did was this. I took the LNB loop out from the Pan Sat and hooked to the 5000. The Pan Sat was on and I was playing around with the 5000 doing a blind scan on what I thought was AMC5 which turns out to have been Ia5.

Not a problem I think, I will just reset the 5000 STB and go ahead with setting up the diseq with the Pan Sat removed for now. This is where I look in the manual and do the reset.

Now the interesting part. I go back to the Pan Sat to check some of my favorite TP's I had programmed and the darn GUI is in Korean! I get past that obstacle to find out the Pan Sat has also been reset to factory defaults. Guess what? The remote codes are the same for both STB's! I guess you learn things the hardway first. Next time I hope I remember and take precautions.:rolleyes:

I too ordered Monday, hooked mine up to my BUD system on G4... Blindscan showed high 90's sig, low quaility, will play with more tomarrow and probably end up ordering a dedicated dish and motor for it... Thanks SatelliteAV for the deal! I just have to figure it out :)

I go back to the Pan Sat to check some of my favorite TP's I had programmed and the darn GUI is in Korean! I get past that obstacle to find out the Pan Sat has also been reset to factory defaults. Guess what? The remote codes are the same for both STB's! I guess you learn things the hardway first
uh oh. I had a couple remotes do that

The Pansat 2100 remote will run the Fortec Ultra but the Pansat 1500 won't :)

I see that this is a good deal from all the posts. But I'm wondering if there are any differences between FTA receivers..

I'm reading through the FTA forum for answers..

thanks, k

dfergie said:
I too ordered Monday, hooked mine up to my BUD system on G4... Blindscan showed high 90's sig, low quaility, will play with more tomarrow and probably end up ordering a dedicated dish and motor for it... Thanks SatelliteAV for the deal! I just have to figure it out :)

Do me a favor -- when you order a dish and motor for it, post what you ordered. I need to do the same, and since this is my first venture into FTA stuff, I am definitely interested in suggestions!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)