Coolsat 6100 Private: need loader

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You may be able to use one of the ones from the hacker sites (not that I'm advocating them) but use your legitimate firmware. I can't remember what I did when I had to flash one I bought from E-bay with legit firmware.

Perhaps try a search, I'm sure the info I used I got from here.

Thanks Iceberg, but this loader (CS7000) works with the serial port, which my new PC does not have, well maybe but a bit more complicated; I would wish to use the usb; this loader exists ?

Mike

I removed the file because of issues but for USB you dont need a loader

you copy the file from the computer to the USB drive
power off receiver with switch on back
insert usb drive
power receiver back on

in about 10 seconds it shows on screen the current software and the new one and says "do you want to update?"

hit button (red one on Visionsat) and it updates and reboots. Then power off with switch on back and remove USB drive

done :)

Ok then, how can I edit these files on my PC ? If say, that I want to add AMC 21.

Mike

what do you mean?

I just unzip the file and open it until it shows the actual file. I drag that to the zip drive and I'm done

I will try to be clearer. From my Coolsat 6100, via usb port I saved the FDU_090209.fdu and SYS_090209.sys files ( I did that yesterday hence the suffix). Now I want to to edit the *.fdu to add the AMC21 transponders. How do I do that on my PC ? When edited, I will then copy it to the Coolsat.

Mike

I have Channel Master version 1.18.4 and it does not work with *.fdu files.

Mike

i remember discussing this a while back and don't think we ever found a editor for the 6100
or even the 7000 ( i think we found a loader for the 7k) . maybe someone will know more or if they ever brought out a editor for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts