Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
I got my Coolsat 8000 two days ago. :D
While doing research on the web on this receiver, I noticed the ads mention the Picture In Picture feature. There's nothing in the owner's manual about it. There is no onscreen menu mentioning PIP.
I opened the receiver to check the circuit boards (I had to reglue a heatsink back to where it belongs). I noticed that there are 2 plug sockets on the main board. There is nothing anywhere about what these sockets are for. With the 8000 being discontinued, I will probably never know. :(
If any 8000 owners have any info I sure like to know!
What is the "2K and 8K transmission modes" and "Optimized for both SFN snf MFN enviroment" the features list mention?
Also I believe this receiver had been hacked (bought it used from ebay) so I recon I have to factory reset it or like Iceberg mentioned, to clean the slate and reinstalled the original firmware.
Believe it or now, I haven't yet hooked it up be my HD television is in the living room and all my FTA stuff is in my bedroom. My bedroom tv has no RCA plugs or S video plug on it, and there is NO "TV out" on the 8000. Damn, what a bummer... :(
I just plugged it up to my HD tv just to see if it power up. It does, and the menus come up great. I noticed that there are channels programmed from the third party software. All that will be erased as soon I run a RG6 cable from my bedroom to my living room.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)