This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Coolsat 8000 HD receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If someone comes out with a DVB 4:2:0 and 4:2:2, 4:2:2 is a plus for SD 4:2:2 only.
FYI, ESPN, ABC...start using DolbyE for their HD feeds. I'll tell you 90% of the HD 4:2:2 feed in this season are DolbyE, that's none of the consumer receivers on the market able to decode. Some HD 4:2:0 feeds use DolbyE too.
I don't hold my breath for consumer 4:2:2 receivers. To tell the truth, most manufacture target at hacking community those don't need 4:2:2 at all.

Was thinking of getting a 8000HD just because my rear projection does NOT have a OTA decoder...
Well my Rear projection is on its last leg and I do hope to see the 50 and 58 inch Plasmas with BUILTIN ota decoders for $$2000 and under in the next few month,,,I can get a panasonic HD plasma 50 inch at $1600,so I feel they should drop a bit more and hope to get the NEXT HD DVB generation soon.....Jt

I read this on an American dealer web site: (About QualiTV)
Most of the High Definition feeds on satellite are in 4:2:0 HD and the receiver plays these feeds excellently. There are some 4:2:2 HD feeds and the receiver puts a greenish flashing horizontal line across the bottom of the screen, about 1 inch tall. On some HD TV sets, they have a Zoom feature and you can zoom in enough so you do not see the line. Quali-TV is aware of this issue and has the data stream, but as of yet, they have not released a software version that will fix it.

It seems hard to have it all isn't?

HD, 4:2:2, USALS, Blind scan... PVR... why not!

Well, other than the PVR part, hopefully very soon with the fortec passion receiver we'll have 4 out of 5

hd

are there more fta hd programing than 6 months ago

last time I checked there were very few hd programs?

most recent factory software with clean file and loader

Attachments

• Coolsat files.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 595
  • coolsat8000hd.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 562
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.