Coolsat 8000?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got an email from GoSatellite about 9:45, with a link to the page Scott posted above. Which led me to this page:
http://www.gosatellite.com/coolsat-8000-hd-2007-ctg.html
Which says what Tony says, they expect arrival on 1-8-07. I downloaded the manual, which is located under Resources. In the manual, it has Blind Scan. That's what I've been wanting to know. But, I won't order one before they have them. Maybe I should, they say they will only have 50 of them. But, with Blind scan and Mpeg4, I've got to get me one, and I will.

Al

I know i will be getting one soon :hatsoff:

Until they learn the meaning of the term "turbo 8psk" and realize this receiver probably won't get turbo 8psk. :D

Unless for some reason they hack the tuner to receive turbo 8PSK.

Even without turbo 8PSK, if the box can control a motor reliably, blind scan, and display the 4:2:2 1080i 35mbps feeds correctly then they should have a hot seller on their hands.

I read the thread, but didn't see any definite answer on if it can do 4:2:2 feeds. I am going to assume based on my CS5K that it will have blindscan and have good motor control. I also see mention that it handles ATSC as well, very cool.

I can't find it now but I did see at Gosatellite.com that the 8000 HD only does hd for ATSC. Also said that the first units will not have a USB port.

Just spoke with someone from gosatellite.com and was told that the Coolsat 8000 DOES NOT do 4:2:2 feeds.
It appears that this box is being SEVERELY miss-marketed as something it's not.

As far as I can tell it's a Coolsat 5000 with an integrated ATSC tuner :down :down :down .

This site has what appears to be a better description:

Coolsat 8000 High Definition FEATURE SET

- MPEG 2 & MPEG 4 Support High Definition (ATSC Only)
- Digital Terrestrial(ATSC) & Satellite Set-Top-Bo:mad:TS combo)
- Multiple Video Outputs - HDMI, RGB, Ypbr, S-Video & CVBS
- Selectable output for 1080i, 720P, 576P and 576i format
- Tunes & Decodes all 18 ATSC broadcast formats
- Dolby Digital(AC3) 5.1 Channel Surround Sound via optical
- Aspect ratio adjustment 4:3 (16/9 crop), 4:3 (16/9 letterbox), 16:9 (4/3 pillar box)
- Multi-Lingual audio & digital closed caption support
- User friendly OSD and operation
- Favorite channel selections
- S/W upgrade through RS-232
- Parental Guide and rating control
- Picture in Picture support (Aux input/optional) (Option)
- Electronic Program Guide
- DiSEqC 1.0 & or DiSEqC 1.2
- Flash memory 4MB
- DDR RAM 128MB (DDR400 16M X16) X 4 ea
- Universal Remote Control
- Smart Card Reader (Optional Add-on Later)

Definately not worth the asking price if it doesn't do HD from sat.

Count me out. Thanks for nothing Coolsat! You can do the same well under $200 with two boxes.

Perhaps the Pansat 7000 will do 4:2:2. Don't want to buy the QualiTv since it doesn't blind scan (although my Fortec does and I could manually input frequencies into the QualiTV) and apparently still has bugs.

What channels can you pick up with this? Does this require a BUD or a small dish? Can I use my Dish 1000 dish with this box so I don't have to buy another dish?

according to pictures I have seen of the unit (all are "stock" photos) the outputs on the 8000 are
one set of A/V plugs
one set of red/green/blue plugs
HDMI port
S-Video
SPDIF audio output

Status
Please reply by conversation.