Coolsat 8000?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Coolsat website is showing in their line of FTA receivers the 8000HD coming out in early 2007.

They don't show a price but they do show $25 for shipping.

According to the output specs (1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i), these appear to be European specs. Probably not an issue as long as it does PAL-NTSC conversion on standard-def signals. I believe high-def is the same as here, but might perhaps the frames-per-sec specs are different.

Given the earlier post, perhaps the Coolsat 8000 is European (but early sellers are marketing it here at a premium) and the 7000 is the North American specific model and may be cheaper.

In terms of European FTA receivers, aren't there already several HDTV models available other than Quali-TV?

I saw few adds in SF bay area craigs list today for $450! and pre-order for $399. One of the guy is legit.. but really out of my range.

Europe has the same resolutions but different framerates (1080@50i versus 1080@60i). Ads I've seen claim that it has an OTA ATSC tuner. This would seem to indicate that the unit is capable of (and even designed for) operation in North America, as ATSC is not the standard OTA digital signal in Europe (DVB-T is)...

Last edited:
What does it all mean ?

If I don't have an HD TV is this all useless or can I downconvert the resolution to my TV.

HDTV STB-s
Digital High Definition Satellite Receiver
Features:
Enable to decode QPSK satellite and ATSC terrestrial transmissions.
Mpeg2 and Mpeg4
HDTV, SDTV display support.
Teletext close caption.
Video : HDMI, S-Video, Ypbpr, Composite Audio : AC3, SPDIF (Optical) Aspect ratio adjustment 4:3 (16/9 crop), 4:3 (16/9 letterbox), 16:9 (4/3 pillar box).
Output format 1080i, 720P, 576P and 576i. (Europe@50hz) User friendly OSD and operation.
Coolsat 8000 HD-ATSC

you can downres it to your TV with no issues.

I have a Dish 811 and watch the HD stuff on my SD TV.

When the HD boxes do come, they won't come cheap. The hack community is going to be 'all over' these boxes, besides us legit users.

Until they learn the meaning of the term "turbo 8psk" and realize this receiver probably won't get turbo 8psk. :D

sadly CompressVu is still "normal HD" for now
(normal as in a FTA box will pick up the chnnels just have the green screen)

Scott
Its not available until 1/8. This has been confirmed that they won't be available until then at the earliest

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 113
I got an email from GoSatellite about 9:45, with a link to the page Scott posted above. Which led me to this page:
http://www.gosatellite.com/coolsat-8000-hd-2007-ctg.html
Which says what Tony says, they expect arrival on 1-8-07. I downloaded the manual, which is located under Resources. In the manual, it has Blind Scan. That's what I've been wanting to know. But, I won't order one before they have them. Maybe I should, they say they will only have 50 of them. But, with Blind scan and Mpeg4, I've got to get me one, and I will.

Al

I downloaded the manual as well, however it appears to be an old manual it shows pictures of a 4000 pro model, not the 8000. The specs on the last page do not mention hd, atsc, mpeg4, etc. I would love to get one of these but I can't spend that kind of bread without knowing for sure it's capabilities.

And this receiver will support 4:2:2 feeds, too? How do people think the Coolsat 8000 will compare to the Pansat 7000? Which brand currently has an edge: Coolsat or Pansat? I have a Fortec Mercury II receiver and have had no problems.

I downloaded the manual as well, however it appears to be an old manual it shows pictures of a 4000 pro model, not the 8000. The specs on the last page do not mention hd, atsc, mpeg4, etc. I would love to get one of these but I can't spend that kind of bread without knowing for sure it's capabilities.
I've been looking at my downloaded manual and I have to agree, it's an older manual. It does mention blind scan, but that may not mean anything since it's an older manual. It doesn't mention any of the things you mention or 4:2:2 (which you didn't mention, but the next poster did). So, we still don't know for sure about any of it. Let's hope for the best.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)