Coolsat 8100 HD Record Timer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Is there any option to set a timer for recording on the 8100 HD? I just got a 40 gig drive going and to only find out I can't pre-program events! Anyone know whats up with that?

Is there any option to set a timer for recording on the 8100 HD? I just got a 40 gig drive going and to only find out I can't pre-program events! Anyone know whats up with that?

I've never done it, as I've always done manual recordings with mine, however I've read that you use the Channel "Reservation" function to schedule recordings.

I agree, that this isn't explained in the manual, and the confusion is largely why I've never tried it (I've just used other receivers for something that I couldn't do manually), but other people say that the reservation thing works.

techno

On the 8000 its under "reservation". I've used it many times and it works for turning the receiver on and changing channels. I haven't seen the recorder option on it

Once you get into the reservation area its one of the color coded buttons (it shows on screen) and just enter the date, time on, time off, channel, then go back to timer number (1,2,3) and hit "OK" and it will say saving. If you hit exit I think it backs out without saving

Good news. Reservation kicks it on and it starts recording. Although, only about 5 seconds after the specified time. Good stuff. The 8100 has found it's new purpose in my collection and has been released from banishment.

Maybe it needs to make sure the hard drive woke up

I always start my programs a minute or two before they should....when I set the 8000 I set it 5 minutes beforehand so it can be up and ready for the DVD recorder to record.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts