CoolSat OCS LNB Settings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BryanSat88

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Albany, NY
I have a CoolSat 6000 receiver and wanted to know about the OCS LNB settings. Should I be using this for DishPro equipment? The manual doesn't say anything about OCS LNB settings. It asks for 2 frequency values.

I see a lot of posts about OCS-DP, but this doesn't have any other settings, just 2 frequency values.

I am trying to use a salvaged DishPro FSS stacked LNB from a SuperDish for getting FTA -- the PBS feeds off of AMC 3. I am currently using the settings of "single" and LO 10750 with some success, besides the polarity stacking issue. Right now I am telling the receiver to blindscan 11.7 to 12.9 to capture both the verticals and then the horizontals stacked above (24600 - <horizontal fequency> = new vertical stacked frequency). Someone told me "OCS" was used to send two sets of signals down one cable, so I thought I should be using it for destacking, but wasn't sure of the settings.

OK...just checked the 5000

set to SINGLE 13850 (scroll through and you can manually enter it)...thats the easiest way to do it and thats what I do on the 9200 for my stacked LNB's

OR

try OCS and scroll to the manual entry and put 10750/13850 and see if that works.

My apology there bryan, didn't know what you were into with that. Think I've read too many posts from folks attempting something else!!

As far as I know you won't see "OCS-DP" in a "stock" coolsat receiver (at least not the 7100 which I'm using). The setting is available in the channel editor I'm using and it does in fact work for the DP LNBFs. If you do this (change settings in channel editor, then load it to receiver) you'll see "blanks" in the LNB type field when you go look at it. But it works. The setting is obviously intended for "other" uses but it works for us.

oh ok, wonder why they made it invisible/unselectable on the 7100. Maybe has to do with the pending E* litigation.

I do NOT have the OCS-DP option on the 6000 only OCS. I am not sure how the settings work either. It asks for two numbers. I tried several combinations, such as: 10750/--, 10750/10750, and 10750/11325. All these changes did was move the blind scan frequency window way out of whack (like 9.7 GHz). It didn't unstack the frequencies or adjust the frequencies of the preprogramed transponders. I will not use any hacked firmware, but I thought about manually adjusting all of the transponder frequencies lists, but blindscan is better for us lazy types (except it doesn't pick up empty transponders).

bryan

set it to single and 13850 and blind scan V side only. The frequencies will look out of whack but it will work fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)