Corner Gas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I've started watching a show called "Corner Gas" on the CTV 2 network (Anik F1R C-Band) at 5 & 5:30PM EST. It's a really funny show. Does anyone else watch it?

Attachments

• Cornergas_logo.png
    Cornergas_logo.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 173
The original run was for 6 years on CTV---and the show has been off the air for at least 2 or 3 years now.
Probably the most successful recent Canadian program on one of their commercial networks. Look for spinoffs that may be playing on CTV 2, such as Dan for Mayor and Hiccups, which feature some of the Corner Gas cast.
Brent Butt and Nancy Robertson are married to each other in real life.

If you are new to Canadian TV, you might want to also check out AMI on the C-band side of ANIK F1R for Murdoch Mysteries (captioned audio overlaid onto the program). It's playing its final commercial season on the CITY-TV network, which you can find on the C-band side of 111 West (SCN, in the evenings. Murdoch is getting picked up by CBC next season. AMI also has classic Canadian series such as North of 60, DaVinci's Inquest, and even reruns of the Rockford Files. Little known fact: the actor that played Angel on Rockford Files is a well-known Canadian actor that has since played on a number of Canadian series, in addition to work in Hollywood.

With a guy named Brent Butt, you know its gotta be a good show! Other good Canadian shows if anyone is interested: Trailer Park Boys (make sure your kids are alseep), This Hour has 22 Minutes, Royal Canadian Air Farce, Rick Mercer Report (name me any show where the host brings the leader of a country to a fast food burger joint then challenges him to a game of Wii Boxing)... Intelligence was good until they cancelled it (CBC had to cancel some shows due to loss of reveue since the Maple Leafs didnt make the playoffs ....seriously!)

Cheers, K

They still have the set set up south of Regina SK at Roleau if anyone happens out that way. Nice little farming community. Too bad they cancelled that one, none of the "spinoffs" come close.
This show was not a CBC production, it was Bell Media who own the CTV network, Bell satellite, etc. Our local CTV transmitter was upgraded last year to ATSC, a new elliptically polarized 16dBi antenna, and new 20kw transmitter. Works great!
Yes due to federal budget cuts CBC has to drop much of it's productions and broadcasting facilities. Just heard this morning they are decommissioning two broadcast facilities in my area and several more in this Province. Most areas now do not have CBC OTA broadcasts unless you are in one of the major cities where you can get cheap cable anyway...

me being from canada, i have been watching it for years....i have seen every episide but still watch it.....great show!

Yes that would be half way to Alaska for you! I'd add another 12 hrs for hotel & poor roads up north here, and of course stop in MSP to say hi to Tony!

Last night I discovered that this would be a 25 hour drive from Pittsburgh or a $1,000 plus per person plane ticket. :eek:

correct

Use to be called ASN (Atlantic Satellite Network) but Bell bought it and now its called CTV2 Atlantic

For some reason I'm having a very hard time finding a programming schedule for this channel "CTV Two - Atlantic". Example: Corner Gas airs M-F at 5 & 5:30, but none of the schedules say this. Also, Hot in Cleveland was advertised to be on tonight at 9PM, but another program appeared.

For some reason I'm having a very hard time finding a programming schedule for this channel "CTV Two - Atlantic". Example: Corner Gas airs M-F at 5 & 5:30, but none of the schedules say this. Also, Hot in Cleveland was advertised to be on tonight at 9PM, but another program appeared.

titan tv
ASN it will show as CTV2-Atlantic which matches up schedule wise

Status
Please reply by conversation.