Corner Gas

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Last night I discovered that this would be a 25 hour drive from Pittsburgh or a $1,000 plus per person plane ticket. :eek:
Or a 3 week trip in the motor home. We bought a well maintained rental unit, newer but with 70K miles - cheap. Has not cost too much to maintain (batteries have been highest expense) and cost of purchase has been about 22 cent/mile. No motel or restaurant costs and Rest areas & WalMarts are cheap places to stay as are county parks and others. No HOAs most places! What a wonderful way to visit the grandkids and all the other sites we have heard about. Rushmore, civil war battle grounds, Texas motor speedway... And what experiences setting up a dish in so many places. -- never forget South Padre Island; watching hurricanes coming in and watching them die... Yes we prayed. -- Branson MO, having to get the motor home out of town before 11 PM or get towed. Northern Exposure, Roslyn Cafe before and after they added the 's to the name...

Can anyone tell me if the CBC channels on Anik F1R can be received using a 6' dish? I received Disney Jr. and CTV Two just find, but not the CBC channels and was wondering if it's due to the dish being too small or LNBF misalignment. Iceberg will probably know the answer to this.

CBC and SRC can be received on the 6 footer as long as its aimed at the satellite (and not offset)
CBC seems to be a little harder to get. SRC is easy to grab at 73-74% on the MicroHD. CBC can be got at 70/71% but usually jumps between 65 and 71%

note there are like 5 muxes now with CBC/SRC but 3 muxes are scrambled
The main one (unscrambled) is at 4160 H 30000

If you are new to Canadian TV, you might want to also check out AMI on the C-band side of ANIK F1R for Murdoch Mysteries (captioned audio overlaid onto the program). It's playing its final commercial season on the CITY-TV network, which you can find on the C-band side of 111 West (SCN, in the evenings. Murdoch is getting picked up by CBC next season.
LOVE the Murdoch Mysteries! Great stories, lots of interesting twists.
Murdoch Mysteries - Watch TV online free - Full episodes & shows on the Citytv Video Portal

My wife and I are now hooked on "Dan for Mayor" as well as "Corner Gas" on CTV Two. I just wish we could watch "Hiccups", but that show is not currently on CTV Two.

CTV is fibred across Canada. Believe me if it was FTA we'd be happy since CTV has the OTA rights for the Olympics in Canada

This station (CTV2 Atlantic) use to be ASN (Atlantic Satellite Network) which was never an OTA station in the Maritimes but on C-Band. They mainly had programming from CityTV & A channel. When Bell bought ASN they changed to "A Channel" Atlantic

A Channel got renamed CTV2 this past year.
Also on 107.3 KU Band (if you have access to a DC2 receiver) Access Alberta (which is zero key...aka free to air) is CTV2 Alberta..schedule
http://www.ctv.ca/Schedule.aspx?mode=week&localstation=29

also on 111.1 C-Band in DVB-S2 is CityTV Saskatchewan (formerly SCN)
http://www.citytv.com/saskatchewan

Interesting to learn this detail. I get all via my pay Shaw Direct Basic plan ($30/mo). We were just finishing watching entire Olympic opening ceremony live last night for 3 1/2 hours and I noticed NBC was just starting! What was that all about? In this age of PVR, why not show it live? Once CTV finished playing entire ceremony, they then replayed entire 3 1/2 hours again. A good service for viewers without PVR arriving home late from work. CTV HD has nice OTA signal in Halifax, but no CTV2 OTA here. ctv.ca shows some shows online but maybe not available outside Canada.

Interesting to learn this detail. I get all via my pay Shaw Direct Basic plan ($30/mo). We were just finishing watching entire Olympic opening ceremony live last night for 3 1/2 hours and I noticed NBC was just starting! What was that all about? In this age of PVR, why not show it live?
Yup I know. I assume every other country carried it live since its only what 5 hour difference between London and East Coast?
but NOPE...NBC decided to hold it hostage and show it at night and worse they blabbed over most of it

There is plenty of talk about it elsewhere so I wont bore you with the details. But if you go to twitter they have lots of commentary on the "FAIL" of it
https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=#NBCfail

Just reviewed the tweets. Wow: brutal. I like the honesty in the tweets. I didn't know NBC was like that. I would mute their audio if I had to watch. Mainly I like CTV since they give reasonably balanced coverage. But they also focus on the Canadians too. All this is the best reason to get that fixed dish pointed at 103W and skew adjusted to receive the fronthauls. Or even install a C-band system.

sadly the 103W feeds are just the network feeds (with black spaces for commercials) so its the same thing.

yup they basically talked about the movie Borat the whole time when _________________ (wherever he claimed to be from in the movie) came out.

The stuff today that has been live has been pretty good.

What's nice about the 103W feeds is that you can select the audio you want to hear (including "natsound" from the event) and tune out the babbling ;) ...

It was one of the few shows the whole family enjoyed. Corner Gas was shown on WGN for a few years but they seem to have quit carrying it after the 5th season. I recently bought the complete series from Amazon.

CBC just awarded rights for Olympics 2014 and 2016. If CBC stays unencrypted on C-band, there may be hope for those who disliked NBC coverage.

highly unlikely it will be unencrypted. Rumour is pretty soon they'll be scrambled. They already have 3 other muxes up there (2 CBC 1 SRC) that are scrambled

Hiccups began airing on CTV Two this past Friday at 7:30PM EST. Dan for Mayor airs Monday - Thursday at 7:30PM EST and Hiccups airs Friday at 7:30PM EST.

We now watch Corner Gas, Dan for Mayor and Hiccups.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts