Corrupt Guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

esl1885

Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Fl
My 722K, which is about a month old, downloads the wrong guide about half the time. Instead of
downloading the 8 day guide, it downloads the 2 day guide for the 211 without the show titles for local TV.
When I do a manual download. it gets the correct guide, and then at night when it updates the guide, it
gets the 2 day guide again.

I contacted Dish Tech support and they don't Have a clue. I have a 722k and 211k and went into setup
and set up different download schedules for them and that fixed the problem for a week. But this morning it was back.

Anyone have an idea what is going on.

Sam

Last edited:
It could indicate you have a problem with signal on the satellite or transponder that sends the guide. The two day guide comes from a different location as I remember.

I guess I read it that the 722 just downloads the wrong info. Nothing in the post says he gets only 2 days on the 722
Instead of downloading the 8 day guide, it downloads the 2 day guide for the 211 without the show titles for local TV.
I was making a comment on the 211 on why he may only be getting a 2 day guide ;)

I guess I read it that the 722 just downloads the wrong info. Nothing in the post says he gets only 2 days on the 722

I was making a comment on the 211 on why he may only be getting a 2 day guide ;)

I get the 2 day guide on the 722K. Dish replaced the receiver yesterday, same thing this morning.

Sam

If I do a manual download, it always downloads the 9 day guide.
They replaced the LNB today, so we will see in the morning.

Sam

Worked for one day. When I went to bed last night, the guide was good thru next Wednesday. When I got up
this morning, it is only good till Friday morning.

It sees all satellites, signal strength is good on all.

Sam

I was just browsing the DBSTALK forums and found a post on Nov.3, 2011, where a guy
reported the exact same problem with a 622.

I'm thinking Dish has a software problem of some sort.

Sam

Two suggestions. You shouldn't have to but worth a try to see what is causing this;
1. Unplug everything from the receiver, any external hard drive, the internet, and if you use an HDMI unplug that.(especially the HDMI)
2. Try a completely different time of day, in the late morning or in the afternoon for the automatic updates.

When you say you do a manual guide update and it works, what are you doing to get it? (a check switch?)

I mention the HDMI because when you do the manual guide update and it works, obviously the TV is on. During the nightly update I am assuming the TV is off. Well since the software update to my neighbor's 612, one of his TV's makes the receiver reboot after turning off the TV, about 2 minutes later from when it is turned off. (Happens every time, repeatable every time) Who knows what else the HDMI could be interfering with. It's worth a try.
You could also leave the TV on at night for a couple of nights, still turning off the receiver and see if it updates. I know it might sound crazy but there are so many posts and my personal experience of the HDMI causing problems with some TV's and various receivers. Not just Dish.

Last edited:
Well, after a long talk with someone high enough in the food chain, I finally
got someone at Dish to admit that there is an ongoing problem with this.
Apparently it is enough of a problem that they are willing to let me out of the rest
of my contract with no penalty(23 months).

I think I might have found what is going on. After I got off the phone with them,
I set the auto update to 2 minutes ahead, turned off the rx, left the TV on, and watched
what the rx did. It came on at the set time, screen had the start up logo, flashed a
couple of times and turned off. I immediately turned the rx on and the screen had a message
of a complete signal loss and the guide was saying outdated. So something is causing the rx to lose the signal
during updates.

My dish is on the eastern arc and I am going to ask them to move it to the western arc.

Sam

722k on EA? That sucks! I have a 722 and two 612s on EA which do not exhibit this bizarre problem.

Well, after a long talk with someone high enough in the food chain, I finally
got someone at Dish to admit that there is an ongoing problem with this.
Apparently it is enough of a problem that they are willing to let me out of the rest
of my contract with no penalty(23 months).

I think I might have found what is going on. After I got off the phone with them,
I set the auto update to 2 minutes ahead, turned off the rx, left the TV on, and watched
what the rx did. It came on at the set time, screen had the start up logo, flashed a
couple of times and turned off. I immediately turned the rx on and the screen had a message
of a complete signal loss and the guide was saying outdated. So something is causing the rx to lose the signal
during updates.

My dish is on the eastern arc and I am going to ask them to move it to the western arc.

Sam
Try what you did again but without the HDMI cable if you can.

The problem is random. I did the same thing with setting the update a couple of minutes ahead
twice more, and both times it worked.

Last night the guide was correct when I went to bed, auto updates was set for later this morning, so it
had not happened yet when i got up, but the guide was bad.

Sam

The problem is random. I did the same thing with setting the update a couple of minutes ahead
twice more, and both times it worked.

Last night the guide was correct when I went to bed, auto updates was set for later this morning, so it
had not happened yet when i got up, but the guide was bad.

Sam

I checked the known issues for the 722k and this is not a known issue. To me this sounds like the hard drive is starting to fail. If you have already had a tech out, I would recommend replacing the 722k.

Receiver was replaced 4 days ago. Did the same thing that night.
LNB replaced 2 days ago. Same thing.
Sam

Another tech visit, another call to Dish. No one has any idea what's going on.
Dish is sending me another receiver.

Sam

I checked the known issues for the 722k and this is not a known issue. To me this sounds like the hard drive is starting to fail. If you have already had a tech out, I would recommend replacing the 722k.

Actually, there are people at Dish who know of this problem, they just don't know the cure. And I found a post of a person with a 622 that had the same problem.

Sam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)