Cost after the 2 years

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gren25

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
tarheel state
with the genie and 2 clients what would my cost be after all the rebates and 2 years is up. If my figures are right I'm getting around 107.99 does that sound right to you guys. Also I'm thinking of running the genie wireless,does anyone have it this way in your setup. thanks in advance. ps leaning toward direct over dish cause it seems they have the channels I want in the Xtra pack over dishes 200 package

Choice xtra is $70.99, advanced receiver fee $25, 2 clients-$12.

You're right $107.99.

I think that's about right, but coming from Dish a couple months now, if HD picture quality is important to you Direct is the way to go. With the improved picture over Dish I would say that's at least a $20 per month extra value for Direct.

I think that's about right, but coming from Dish a couple months now, if HD picture quality is important to you Direct is the way to go. With the improved picture over Dish I would say that's at least a $20 per month extra value for Direct.

Odd, I noticed no difference, other than a guide which shows me less usable info than Dish's (ie. 1.5 hours of programming info on DTV vs. 3 hours on Dish).. maybe something has changed since I switched ~1.5 years ago. I've had the same 47" 1080p TV with both services.

thanks guys does anyone have a hr44 hooked up wirelessly. was just wondering how good the genie worked this way

Odd, I noticed no difference, other than a guide which shows me less usable info than Dish's (ie. 1.5 hours of programming info on DTV vs. 3 hours on Dish).. maybe something has changed since I switched ~1.5 years ago. I've had the same 47" 1080p TV with both services.

Are you now with Direct or Dish? A lot of people posting in this forum who has recently moved from Dish to Direct has commented about the better pq. I didn't expect that myself so was happily surprised about that. Not sure if its better video processing capabilities of the HR44 but I also think I wasn't getting the best of quality that Dish was capable of, my signal strength never got above 80% with them while with Direct it's never below 95% but I'm no expert so I maybe not comparing apples to apples. But it's definitely a difference here. With Dish 90% of the channels had this slight haze look over the picture, especially with motion scenes. I hardly see that now with Direct, if ever.

I do have a new mid to upper range 55" Panasonic plasma that shows outstanding detail which is good for excellent video source but magnifies the flaws in bad sources (SD Channels are almost unwatchable on it). Another set I have is an older lower end Samsung plasma which was acceptable with Dish but has really sprung to life with Direct. It actually feels like I have 2 new TVs now. The difference is so noticeable that family & friends have all noticed and asked me what I did. Even they can't believe just switching to Direct caused the pq improvement & think it's the TV as they didn't notice when I was with Dish that I got a new tv, but they're just noticing I did now.

thanks guys does anyone have a hr44 hooked up wirelessly. was just wondering how good the genie worked this way

If you mean wirelessly to the internet, works just fine for me but occasionally my router drops the signal so I will get a temporary delay or slow download of on demand stuff, but that's not the dvr's fault.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)