Cost of sending receiver back.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
So, if you need to send a receiver back or you are leaving Dishnetwork, I take it you the subscriber are responsible for paying to ship the receiver(s) back. Am I right or am I wrong?

As mentioned, when an account is disconnected/canceled, it does cost $15 per label to ship the equipment back to us using the label we provide. You can pay for your own method of shipping if you choose to do so.

If you need to send back a receiver that is simply no longer being used, it does not cost anything so long as the account is active. Equipment replacement is dependent on the account and equipment, which may have a shipping or out-of-warranty charge.

As mentioned, when an account is disconnected/canceled, it does cost $15 per label to ship the equipment back to us using the label we provide. You can pay for your own method of shipping if you choose to do so.

If you need to send back a receiver that is simply no longer being used, it does not cost anything so long as the account is active. Equipment replacement is dependent on the account and equipment, which may have a shipping or out-of-warranty charge.

Isn't that lovely.. More nickel and diming from senior Ergen...you pay to send THEM there boxes so they can clean them and reuse to continue to earn a profit...

Funny thing is i also have verzion FIOS...i just cancelled there service ONLY bc it's not in my new area....shipping was free..also through UPS

Call UPS and see what your price would be to ship the box. $15 is cheap, Also, why should Dish take a hit on the shipping, you are leaving.

... and I did not have to pay to receive it. So, why should I have to pay to give it back?
Doh. You likely paid for the initial install which included delivery of the receiver(s). In the case of those of us that have been around a while, we did not have the option of having Dish install our receiver and dish and we certainly paid to have the receiver and dish antenna shipped to us.

In my area, if you cancel cable you either deliver your STB's to their headquarters or you pay to have a cable employee to stop by to pick them up.

Last edited:
Doh. You likely paid for the initial install which included delivery of the receiver(s). In the case of those of us that have been around a while, we did not have the option of having Dish install our receiver and Dish and we certainly paid to have the receiver and dish antenna shipped to us.

In my area, if you cancel cable you either deliver your STB's to their headquarters or you pay to have a cable employee stop to pick them up.

Dude, I did not pay for no install. I moved over 2 years ago to my current location in which dishmover paid for that. Secondly, I have been with dish for 13 or more years now, and when I first got them I don't know if they had lease back then because I owned my receiver(s) and installed the entire system myself due to working with a c-band dish installer. So, like I said, I have not paid current or any previous installation charges.

Dude, I did not pay for no install. I moved over 2 years ago to my current location in which dishmover paid for that. Secondly, I have been with dish for 13 or more years now, and when I first got them I don't know if they had lease back then because I owned my receiver(s) and installed the entire system myself due to working with a c-band dish installer. So, like I said, I have not paid current or any previous installation charges.
Dude? lol

When you installed your original system 13 years ago you could not lease them, but of course you'd remember that. lol

Also, thirteen years ago you certainly did pay to have your receiver(s) shipped and you also paid shipping for the dish antenna.

If you want to make up stuff to support your position, you should be more careful about your facts bro/dude. lol

Dude? lol

When you installed your original system 13 years ago you could not lease them, but of course you'd remember that. lol

Also, thirteen years ago you certainly did pay to have your receiver(s) shipped and you also paid shipping for the dish antenna.

If you want to make up stuff to support your position, you should be more careful about your facts bro/dude. lol

When you say making stuff up, if you are referring to whether or not I paid shipping for the receiver I purchased, that I do not know because of the time frame, all I know is that it was a good deal. Also, I did not start this thread to complain about whether there is a cost to ship your equipment back or not. I simply agreed with the 1 or 2 people who posted and feel that there shouldn't be. So, you have your opinion and I have mine. Besides, I got my answer from the first two posts after mine. So, enough said.:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts