Could Dish Network Continue Voom's Programming?

HiDefGuy said:
My question is : I don't need a place to hang out, but if gaining access to "the pub" will I get clued in a little more on whats going on?

Rumors.....Rumors.....Rumors....Things that may or may not happen.

NightRyder

bookwalk said:
I wish I could deal with the local retailer for E*, but I tried that yesterday and what a nightmare! He was livid when I said I had VOOM and started trashing it, ranting and raving--almost possessed with the Devil (Dish). He said you WILL have to sign a one-year committment and that's it! I said I had called E* direct and they did have leasing agreements where I would not have to sign a one-year contract. He said "Not here" and you will NEVER get your locals in HD--no way!"
Well, by this time, I was scared to death of him and of Dishnetwork. He's not a happy camper--why would he be having to sell crap?

So, I will NOT be seeing my local retailer anymore ever--a horrible experience. I was watching the demo of the SD/HD on a Toshiba 46" DLP Projector and the HD was NOTHING like VOOM and SD much worse, also.

I have yet to see a comparable demo of DIrect-TV--can't find one in my part of the state at all!!! I can't subscribe to something I have never seen and it requires a 1 year contract! Best Buy did not have their Samsung HD receiver set to see the SD channels in their normal 4:3 format, so both the HD and the SD were almost as bad as E*.

If this is the quality of HD that the VOOM 21 wil have to come to us via, then I wonder how we will tolerate the PQ--over and above the new quantity of HD, rather than the quality???

Yeah life is just one risk after another ain't it.

Contrary to what may appear today, tomorrow holds far better things for HD viewers/customers all in all.

MPEG4 will help tenfold with PQ quality for all providers so don't sweat the small stuff today. I would call Dish directly and have them send you an installer so then you are covered by them as well and also you do not have to have a one year commit. if you sign up under one of Dish's promos.

HiDefGuy said:
My question is : I don't need a place to hang out, but if gaining access to "the pub" will I get clued in a little more on whats going on?

The Pub is a cool place and like all pubs one should pay their way to sit at the bar and of course this is how all pubs stay in business thus keeping them a well oiled machine and the customers well lubed. ;)

DucTape said:
The Pub is a cool place and like all pubs one should pay their way to sit at the bar and of course this is how all pubs stay in business thus keeping them a well oiled machine and the customers well lubed. ;)
Yeah, but i would rather see Sean, Scott or the rest of you fall on your a$$es in person after downing a few rather than having to imagine that picture. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts