Could unsupported MVR cause 771 and/or 775 errors?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kattheaunt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
I live in an MDU. I have an HR-22 in the living room. No problems there. I previously had an SD receiver in the bedroom that had so many 771 errors that I rarely watched it. I was considering canceling service about six weeks ago. Retention gave me an HR24 and activated unsupported MVR and $40 discount for 18 mos. The CSR talked me through setting it up and all was working great until I began having the same errors on the Hr24 in the bedroom that I had with the old SD receiver. The living room HR22 never had problems, just as when the old bedroom receiver would act up. A reset would restore everything for minutes, hours or a day at most. Twice now I have unplugged the Ethernet cable from the router that goes to the problem receiver and the problem seems to go away. I've left it disconnected for only a few days, though, so maybe that's not enough time to see the problem again. I reconnect and MVR & the receiver are fine for a few days then it all starts again.

I have no access to the power inserter. Is it a bad coax in the bedroom? I have checked cables....done all that I know to do. Does this have anything to do with the unsupported MVR? Does the fact that the dvr is having the same problems that the old sd receiver was having in the same room mean anything? I called over and over about this problem in the beginning with the old receiver but got tired of it when the problem recurred. We have a terrible company handling the installations and service calls which is how I was able to get the receiver straight from D* and get the MVR activated. I'm thinking its a cable problem somewhere and maybe nothing to do with MVR at all because I haven't been able to find anything similar to my problem, but I'm at a loss.

If I do need to call them out I want to know what to watch for and question. I would take that Ethernet cable out completely before they come. Lol

Thanks for the insight, guys.

Yes, this is nothing to do with MRV. It's somewhere in the MDU distribution - faulty power inserter, oversubscribed SWM (too many tuners)......

Kitty, wasn't it you that mentioned a power inserter error (775) could also be the cause of a 771 (normally alignment issues) error?

It could but only if it's defective. If it's not installed properly you will get 775. I was just stating about 776 in my above reply. 776 is too many tuners. And that's the only way to end up with a 776. What I meant was a 775 cannot be caused by too many tuners.

Status
Please reply by conversation.