Could Viacom Channels Go *Poof* This Week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Dish drop them. Viacom has an inflated sense of the value of their mostly 2nd rate channels.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

http://www.thewrap.com/dish-ceo-we-are-prepared-to-drop-viacom-permanently/
Dish CEO: ‘We Are Prepared’ to Drop Viacom Permanently
Charlie Ergen says the satellite provider will follow other pay-TV companies that have dropped Viacom channels

Dish CEO Charlie Ergen said his company was prepared to drop Viacom channels permanently if the satellite provider can’t reach a deal on fees with the programmer.

USCG_helicopter_firing_warning_shots_at_a_smuggler.jpg

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Dish drop them. Viacom has an inflated sense of the value of their mostly 2nd rate channels.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if Dish subscribers do not see a drop in their monthly charges if Dish does drop them, though.

Seriously, I hope we are offered replacement channels if they are dropped.

I will admit that I do not like Viacom's time-shifting of program start times to inject more commercials than necessary. I like the classic shows that play across their channels, but they seem to have lost their branding of what each channel was created for since the same programs play across many of their channels.

I didn't do that, but was on the local news when they pulled the channels 10 years ago

Back then in '04, Viacom had more leverage because they owned CBS (and as a result, their O&Os). If the idiots at Viacom had any brains, they would have kept CBS and not spin it off into a separate company in '06.

Status
Please reply by conversation.