Could your next DVR have more than three tuners please?

But you have to pay extra each month for the send Hopper. That is the problem w/ that plan.

?I can't imagine Dish coming out with a Hopper that has more tuners and still charging the same fee as now though. If they did make one you can be sure they charge more for it so what's the difference.

The only issue I see with this is we no longer carry DPP33 switches for installations as a tech now. There would have to be another option such as another duo node from the 44 or just don't do it lol.

Yeah you can just use two DPP44s :) I got the DPP33 because it was half the price and didn't require another power inserter.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

?I can't imagine Dish coming out with a Hopper that has more tuners and still charging the same fee as now though. If they did make one you can be sure they charge more for it so what's the difference.
They could easily come out with a 5 tuner DVR to compete with "D"'s 5 tuner Genie. If they did I would be at the head of the line. No reason to charge more, just plan on getting more subs because you offer the most sought after package. Isn't that what they are really after, more customers?

I have Two Hoppers Both with the USA OTA turner so I have 4 Tuners each.
I still come close to running out of tuners. I which they would give us the option to integrate both DVR lists instead having to switch back and forth between Hopper1 and Hopper2s DVR list.
I forget what room I recorded something in all the time.
Directvs DVR list is integrated automatically when more than one DVR is in the house.
Still leave the opiton for how it is now,
but
also add an integrated list option, give the customer the choice please.

They could easily come out with a 5 tuner DVR to compete with "D"'s 5 tuner Genie. If they did I would be at the head of the line. No reason to charge more, just plan on getting more subs because you offer the most sought after package. Isn't that what they are really after, more customers?

You're not actually serious are you? When have you seen one of these TV companies come out with something newer and better and not charge more for it. Obviously Dish would have more cost involved and would need to charge more. Also, I can't see them increasing sales that much more just because they added two more tuners.

Those of us here are the super users that would like 10 tuners and 3 3TB drives feeding 6+ TV's, but the bread and butter of Dish is the common everyday user, that probably has one or two TV's.

There are not enough of us (super users) to make it economically feasible to go with more and more tuners, the average Joe just doesn't want or need it.

Actually, more profit- which is not rigidly attached to more customers.

Lets see here Dish's dvr fee with a Hopper is 12 bucks right?

And the genie is 20 BUCKS A MONTH?!?!

Did I read that right? Who the F---- would pay 20 bucks a month?

Actually, it's $25 (Advanced Receiver fee), minus $10 for the first 24 months, according to their website.

You're not actually serious are you? When have you seen one of these TV companies come out with something newer and better and not charge more for it...
Well, I replaced a 722,622 and 211 with 2 Hoppers and a Joey and lowered my fees (not counting the extra Joey that I use to control Hopper2 from my family room).

Well, I replaced a 722,622 and 211 with 2 Hoppers and a Joey and lowered my fees (not counting the extra Joey that I use to control Hopper2 from my family room).

In some cases a customer can save some money but Dish is still charging a higher fee for the Hopper, it just happens to fill your needs better. How are you liking your setup now?

You're not actually serious are you? When have you seen one of these TV companies come out with something newer and better and not charge more for it. Obviously Dish would have more cost involved and would need to charge more. Also, I can't see them increasing sales that much more just because they added two more tuners.
You throw around the word "obviously" like you have some inside information on the cost of adding two tuners to an existing platform. I have no idea what it would cost Dish to have two more tuners added but if that cost could be justified with the addition of more subs, which would entail taking a portion of them away from "D", then who knows about the end game. Why did "E" come out with the Hopper and why did "D" come out with the Genie? No matter what their cost they will always charge whatever the market can stand. That's why they all have bean counters on the payroll. All I'm saying is, if the cost is in my wheelhouse than I would go for a 5 tuner Hopper. Why do you think that all of the major TV manufactures are coming out with OLED right now? Of course it's more expensive now but they are looking at the future and in the future OLED will be the number one choice by far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)