Couple of HR20 questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vfr781rider

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Nashville, TN
Have had my HR20 for 3 days now. Just a couple of questions to make sure I'm not missing something...

The sound effects tab on the Audio menu is grayed out. Are there no audio effects at this time?

When FF or RW on recorded programs, unlike the TIVO units, the receiver does not back up a bit in time to start play at the desired location. No way to affect this functionality?

In addition, my 2 cents worth, I hate having to push the Guide button twice to get the guide. I'm an old fart and change is not good :)

Thanks for any input.

Have had my HR20 for 3 days now. Just a couple of questions to make sure I'm not missing something...

The sound effects tab on the Audio menu is grayed out. Are there no audio effects at this time?

When FF or RW on recorded programs, unlike the TIVO units, the receiver does not back up a bit in time to start play at the desired location. No way to affect this functionality?

In addition, my 2 cents worth, I hate having to push the Guide button twice to get the guide. I'm an old fart and change is not good :)

Thanks for any input.

I did not notice the Audio section greyed out before, I must have juast missed it, the DD and PCM is available.
I am not sure if this is just Not Active, or if you have the option to adjust it when you are on a channel that is playing something with audio options.
Good catch.

As for the FF / RW issue, no it doesn't have a back up feature, at least not yet, always possible with a software upgrade.

As for the Guide button, I don't care for it either , but have since then gotten use to it.

I hear that if you use some of the programmable remotes, Harmony ect. types, you can program them to work where you just need to hit it once.

Jimbo

The back-up capability is patented by TiVo so you will not see it on any of the DirecTV boxes.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)