Court tv?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Triple Play is hurting satellite. Satellite needs internet BADLY to have a future so that they can have triple play offerings as well.

Other providers may look at dropping CourTv as well in which will hurt them even more. The providers will have more of an upper hand the more that drop them.

out of the however many channels there are, there is someone who likes a certain channel. I am sure if Charlie took off the channel with the guy selling the gaudy gemstones and jewlry, someone would come on here and start griping about it...

That being said, Charlie and his peons has to look at how many people really watch a channel. Its not too hard to look at the nielsen ratings and find that out... If a channel wants more money than they are worth, then they have to go.

I used to love to watch courttv... But since Ive had HD, I dont think I have watched it once. Plus I think 90% of their shows are repeated on other channels.

I say get rid of the crap, get rid of the channels that run the same programs, and lower my bill.

I dont want to pay more for someone else's tv watching
I'm with you..I am in favor of a la carte..100%.

I have already ordered Comcast Triple Play and will ditch Dish, once it is installed.

See ya Dish.

That's my plan with in about 2 weeks :)

-8mb Cable Internet
-Home phone with loads of features
-Digital Cable With REAL on demand, not the Dish on Demand
-Real Weather Channel
-Dvr's with On Demand in 2 Rooms, Ahh I can't wait
-HBO with HBO On Demand

-All for around 150 per month, as too 180 for everything now, with less options, and of coarse no CourtTV, which was by far my whole familys favorite channel, and aparently many other people watch the channel, thus while the fee for the channel got raised and dish wouldn't pay it right?

hmmm... wonder if you can get out of a contract by calling and complaining that court tv was one of your favorite channels

hmmm... wonder if you can get out of a contract by calling and complaining that court tv was one of your favorite channels

Um... so sorry, no.... :)

Residential Service Agreement, section 1 paragraph G:

G. Changes in Services Offered. We reserve the right to add, delete, rearrange and/or change any and all programming, programming packages and other Services that we offer, and our prices and fees related to such programming, programming packages and Services at any time, including without limitation during any term agreement period to which you have agreed under the terms and conditions of any other agreement with DISH Network. If a change affects you, we will provide you notice of such change and its effective date. In the event that we delete, rearrange or change any programming, programming packages or other Services, you understand and agree that we have no obligation to replace or supplement any programming, programming packages or other Services previously offered that have been deleted, rearranged or otherwise changed. You further understand and agree that you will not be entitled to any refund because of a deletion, rearrangement or change in the contents of any programming, programming packages, or other Services previously offered.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/RCA/index.shtml

Triple Play is hurting satellite. Satellite needs internet BADLY to have a future so that they can have triple play offerings as well.

I am really puzzled by this trend. Is paying 3 bills instead of 1 so compelling that people are willing to accept substandard service to get it? I have TV, phone, and internet from 3 different providers because I get the best (for me) of each and pay less than I would if I signed up for a triple play arrangement.

I have read so much about it, I know it's true. It's only that I am amazed by it.

I am really puzzled by this trend. Is paying 3 bills instead of 1 so compelling that people are willing to accept substandard service to get it? I have TV, phone, and internet from 3 different providers because I get the best (for me) of each and pay less than I would if I signed up for a triple play arrangement.

I have read so much about it, I know it's true. It's only that I am amazed by it.

There are a lot of factors to consider when it comes to people selecting their providers. Some people would rather deal with one provider, pay one bill, and save a few bucks. Thats if you can save a few bucks. Some areas have enough different providers, that piecing your own 'triple play' together with multiple suppliers is cheaper. Some area its not. Some people don't care how fast their internet is or how well their landline works (these are usually the people who rarely use these two services anyway).

Good luck with Comcast, you're going to need it.

First off, if you're switching to them for lower / comparable fees, be prepared to switch back once they're fees go sky high after your deal is over.

On top of that... don't use your internet "too much" or they'll disconnect you without warning.... and then make it near impossible to reach them (they use some obscure phone # for internet disconnects). Of course, they won't define what "too much" is. Go read "broadbandreports.com" for the horror stories.

I jumped to FIOS and Dish. I'll consider FIOS TV when it's offered, but I'm pretty happy with Dish right now.

And from what I'm hearing, that Comcast $33 phone is similar to Vonage so any significant usage on your internet connection can impact it.

That's my plan with in about 2 weeks :)

-8mb Cable Internet
-Home phone with loads of features
-Digital Cable With REAL on demand, not the Dish on Demand
-Real Weather Channel
-Dvr's with On Demand in 2 Rooms, Ahh I can't wait
-HBO with HBO On Demand

-All for around 150 per month, as too 180 for everything now, with less options, and of coarse no CourtTV, which was by far my whole familys favorite channel, and aparently many other people watch the channel, thus while the fee for the channel got raised and dish wouldn't pay it right?

The phone service does not share the same bandwidth as your high speed, it has a separate feed. Which iks another feature thats sets Comcasts VOIP apart from its competitors.

I remember around 2000 when there was a cable contract up with KYW, who at that time had strong bonds with a few cable programming channels (FoodTV I think, was the culprit if I remember right) In order to be able to carry the ABC/CBS/NBC that it was at that time, they had to also carry specific networks as a basic tier programming (before we had "broadcast network only basic")
And.. had to also pay a XX¢ per user fee.. even if you could care less about the channel.

Personally.. A La Carte for me, if the prices are kept within Check..
None of this COX 6 channels per Tier we have in Wichita.. its bogus..
That is WHY I put up a dish at a house that has $54 a month BASIC cable (2-74, having 3 dark stations, and 6 shopping stations) Its not a good Per channel $$.

As for your going to Comcast.. I don't want to hear your horror stories later.. I had them in Dallas when they took over AT&T, they are a patch up company, they patch it up to sell it off again, just like they did in Dallas..

And with Cable Telephone.. the second your cable goes out.. check for dial-tone.. I bet there isn't one! Just like when I had Cable Modem before I was able to get DSL.. a power hit and the DNS Assignment server went down, and they had to send someone across town to our neighborhood to reboot a piece of hardware.

I wish E* would get in trouble for LYING that they have CourtTV on their system, according to my guide 204 is COURT but when I tune to it it's not... at least call it for what it is, or put up a channel saying we messed up and lost CourtTV but we're not going to try to fool you into thinking you have it when you don't!

Geez dish... you constantly find ways to make me think about putting up with a crappier picture and DirectTV and hope for the day FIOS makes it to my city (only 10 miles away) and then I can give Sat/Cable the finger and have a frickin' sweet internet connection?

Charlie is a mo-ron... I hate when people say "Charlie's a poker player" like that's a compliment. You're running a business with many millions of subscribers... don't be so F'ING STUPID!

And no, losing court tv is not a big deal, but still I just don't get it.

OK rant over

I wish E* would get in trouble for LYING that they have CourtTV on their system, according to my guide 204 is COURT but when I tune to it it's not... at least call it for what it is, or put up a channel saying we messed up and lost CourtTV but we're not going to try to fool you into thinking you have it when you don't!

Geez dish... you constantly find ways to make me think about putting up with a crappier picture and DirectTV and hope for the day FIOS makes it to my city (only 10 miles away) and then I can give Sat/Cable the finger and have a frickin' sweet internet connection?

Charlie is a mo-ron... I hate when people say "Charlie's a poker player" like that's a compliment. You're running a business with many millions of subscribers... don't be so F'ING STUPID!

OK rant over

I guess the night at the pub didn't go so well, eh!?! :rolleyes:

OK rant over
E* isn't lying..Calm down...This is a contract negotiation..Look, Court Tv is a niche channel with a smal but apparently enthusiastic audience..Here's the deal, if those who waant it that much are willing to pay what the real cost to put the channel up, fine..Let them..But those subs to E* who aren't interested in Court Tv or any other channnel should not have to subsuidize another's viewing preferences..This and other similar circumstances where channels disappear due to contract squabbles are perfect examples of why a al carte should be given a serious look...
I have read where a ratings( don't know which one) company has Court Tv management believing that their service is a top 20(whatever that means) channel..I don't buy that for a moment..Maybe if the measurement is taken over the course of a a long period of time .Like a month or so. And the rating service counts the number of total views..Who knows....
In any event it is my understanding that Court Tv took that rating and basically used it to "puff up" the value of the channel..Charlie wasn't going for it and I for one congratualte him for standing up to them...We're getting an increase next month as it is..I won't pay another penny for Court TV...My message ot those who want thos service that badly, switch providers...That is all.....

I feel the same way.

I really cannot believe anyone would leave dish because of the loss of court tv...
come on now,perhaps they were thinking of leaving and this pushed it over the edge
but just because of court tv!!!!no way!!

Again, it's not court tv (it's not worth a price increase)

It's how charlie handles things which drive me up the wall... they seem to fight everything and put up with nothing and who suffers? the subs... sure charlie is rich but he plays games and when it doesn't go his way and he holds stong (pays for legal fees) and the SUBS feel the pain of missing channels and services then eventually higher fees to support his legal battles.

I agree there has been a lot of wrong done to Dish BUT Dish has done a lot of wrong themselves... the name of the game is sometimes going with the flow and taking it/paying for it... instead of fighting every frickin' battle... especially when you have MILLIONS OF SUBS... Look at this whole DNS issue (doesn't effect me) the Tivo Issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)