Cox locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Here in Western WA, KIRO/7 just ran its own crawl informing viewers that dish would remove KIRO's program signal at 4 PM PT - right around the end of the Michigan State-Duke game currently in play. Nice.

RETRANS SPAT Rule #1: Don't call dish. It won't help things.
RETRANS SPAT Rule #2: But if you do, call the station and let them have some of it.
RETRANS SPAT Rule #3: If you can, put up an antenna. (I have and I can get KIRO from a local translator station)

BTW: This spat will also affect viewers of Cox Media stations in Dayton, OH and Jacksonville, FL, both of which are CBS-affiliated.

One more thing: make sure your internet is paid up and in working order, especially if it's high speed. You may end up needing it for final four 'streaming'.

4:17 PM PT UPDATE: The threatened signal dousing has not happened yet, at least not in Seattle. We got to see the finish of Michigan State-Duke in full. As to '60 Minutes' and everything else, we shall see.

They put up messages for us to call dish and dish puts up messages for us to call the local channel.. I mean whats the point it won't do any good. The programmer and dish is going to do what they want anyhow no matter what we think. As long as the money is agreed upon between the two parties the channel will stay, if not it will be gone. All about the money.. nothing else.

The "call dish" garbage has been removed from the sites of WSB-TV Atlanta and the station in Memphis. Looks like the Cox/Apollo group has settled with dish. Good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)