Cozi adding 8 new affiliates

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Cozi TV's affiliate roster grows by eight as it signs a deal with Meredith to add 7 of its stations, which include WGCL Atlanta; KPHO Phoenix; KPTV Portland, OR; WSMV Nashville; WHNS Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson, SC; WNEM Flint, MI; and WSHM Springfield, MA.
The eighth new affiliate is WFFP Lynchburg-Roanoke, VA, owned by Morning Star Broadcasting. This brings Cozi TV's U.S. coverage to 70%, reaching about 80 million homes.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/83934/cozi-tv-diginet-adds-eight-stations

WNEM! You have to be kidding me? That's great!I wonder when they'll actually do it?

They've got one subchannel .3, that they've been actually been broadcasting blank air for years. I've asked them over and over to consider AntennaTV (when that was good) and all I could get was: "We have no plans for using .3 subchannel for anything". However, their .2 channel is MyNetworkTv, so that's probably where they are putting Cozi.

One more notch in my list I like, for when I finally switch to Tivo...

Reactions: Mr Tony
Cozi TV's affiliate roster grows by eight as it signs a deal with Meredith to add 7 of its stations, which include WGCL Atlanta; KPHO Phoenix; KPTV Portland, OR; WSMV Nashville; WHNS Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson, SC; WNEM Flint, MI; and WSHM Springfield, MA.
The eighth new affiliate is WFFP Lynchburg-Roanoke, VA, owned by Morning Star Broadcasting. This brings Cozi TV's U.S. coverage to 70%, reaching about 80 million homes.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/83934/cozi-tv-diginet-adds-eight-stations
WHNS was up here for a couple of hours yesterday,but no sign of it today. I guess that is good news that they are testing. They need sub channels, all they have is 21.1 fox and 21.2 NOAA weather.

WHNS was up here for a couple of hours yesterday,but no sign of it today. I guess that is good news that they are testing. They need sub channels, all they have is 21.1 fox and 21.2 NOAA weather.

They will be adding a 3rd sub channel also later called Escape TV 21.3 in addition to Cozi TV on 21.2

WNEM! You have to be kidding me? That's great!I wonder when they'll actually do it?

They've got one subchannel .3, that they've been actually been broadcasting blank air for years. I've asked them over and over to consider AntennaTV (when that was good) and all I could get was: "We have no plans for using .3 subchannel for anything". However, their .2 channel is MyNetworkTv, so that's probably where they are putting Cozi.

One more notch in my list I like, for when I finally switch to Tivo...

Cozi just went LIVE on WNEM 5.3!

Of course, Dish has no guide for it...

I'm going to contact Wnem, and see if THEY can persuade Dish to carry guide data for Cozi on 5.3. They have it for 5.1 and 5.2, so maybe I can get this done.

I'll let everybody know if I hear anything back.

I'm going to contact Wnem, and see if THEY can persuade Dish to carry guide data for Cozi on 5.3. They have it for 5.1 and 5.2, so maybe I can get this done.

I'll let everybody know if I hear anything back.

Here's the reply I got back from WNEM. Maybe there is hope Dish will add the guide data:
-------------------------------------------------
"We just launched Cozi on Friday.

We’re working on getting the schedules to all of the broadcasters.

If you’re still not seeing the schedule by the end of this week, please let me know."

Thank you,

Karen Frey

Cozi on KPHO? I wonder if Cozi on KTAZ 39.3 will go away then? Or if it will stay and we'll have 2 affiliates. Starting to see more of that lately...JTV on 22.6 and 58.1, HSN on 7.3 and 51.6, ThisTV on 3.2 and 38.5.

Cozi on KPHO? I wonder if Cozi on KTAZ 39.3 will go away then? Or if it will stay and we'll have 2 affiliates. Starting to see more of that lately...JTV on 22.6 and 58.1, HSN on 7.3 and 51.6, ThisTV on 3.2 and 38.5.

In the case of HSN and JTV, they would want to be seen in as many places as possible to sell as many products as possible.

This TV may be anticipating a loss of 3.2 as an affiliate, or may have already received a termination notice.

COZI has ditched affiliates in favor of better ones in several markets, so I suspect that will happen here.

On an unrelated note, WFFP signed back on again about a week ago with their brand new equipment (MUCH better than the old signal). No PSIP when I last checked, but it was running COZI.

- Trip

Although the news has COZI going on KPHO, I'm wondering if it's going on KTVK 3.2 instead. To date, Meredith has not been receptive to a channel 5.3. Meredith now owns KTVK as well as KPHO, so it's possible.

That is possible;however, Meredith is dropping its weather feeds in other cities so I am expecting that to be the place COZI lands.

- Trip

Meredith cleared it up for us. Effective Monday 4/13, KTVK is dropping This TV from 3.2 and replacing it with an all-news sub, formerly seen only on cable and known as the AZ Newschannel. Its new branding will be 3TV 24/7. Also, the weather sub currently on KPHO 5.2 will move to a new KTVK subchannel, 3.3, and COZI TV will take its place on channel 5.2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)