COZI TV on AMC 1 @ 103W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was never able to keep COZI locked until I installed a 1M Channel Master on 103W for a recurring feed. Now I get COZI at 70-75 quality with a bandstacked Dish FSS LNB from a Superdish bolted to the original CM feedhorn. These are not known as the most sensitive LNBs out there. I also receive all NBC feeds at 70-75Q (microHD) and the feed I put the dish up for at the same quality. Everything stays locked and steady. Big dishes are the answer to 103W woes...

Agreed that a bigger dish is a good solution. But I'm already getting about 70-75 on the NBC feeds with the S9 and 31" dish. Its the oddball skew thats the problem.

This is going to be the never ending threat until SES3 goes live.

A lot of people were peeved about the weak transponder before Cozi ever came to be -- namely, when Universal Sports was still on.

At the moment COZI is airing the movie The Producers, that UMA Thurman is stunning.

Also hard to receive TP11880/H/3000 is on air, it also has the oddball skew.

I still cant get cozi on my 6 footer but get a good amount of others on the ku section. Why do some tps don't seem to get messed up by the skew and others do? I haven't tried it yet on my smaller dish yet due to receiver not s2 and cold on that sun porch this time of year.

The vertical tps on AMC 1 can be received without adjusting LNB skew whereas for many people the horizontal tps cannot. But all tp signal qualities on AMC 1 improve after you adjust for its funky skew.

This morning COZI is trying to lock in but the Q is too low. Typically it takes the PLL LNB a couple of minutes before it starts to see a signal and then try and lock on. COZI is not S2 its 480i.
The Beach cams are right up there at Q 75.
I could go out and re skew the LNB but it will deterioate all the other sats. Besides for the past while its been OK without changing the skew.
As I'm writing this COZI has locked in at about Q 60. Go figure?

This morning COZI is trying to lock in but the Q is too low. Typically it takes the PLL LNB a couple of minutes before it starts to see a signal and then try and lock on. COZI is not S2 its 480i.
The Beach cams are right up there at Q 75.
I could go out and re skew the LNB but it will deterioate all the other sats. Besides for the past while its been OK without changing the skew.
As I'm writing this COZI has locked in at about Q 60. Go figure?

YES, Cozi IS DVB-S2 8psk

That has nothing to do with the fact it's also 480i. Modulation has nothing to do with Resolution.

I had a dishwasher in my old apartment that squealed like a herd of hump-back whales. I finally hammered a screwdriver into the motor windings till it died. I worked at an appliance store and got a nice one at wholesale. We need an astronaut with the same mentality.

Cozi's transponder came in at a solid 60% sunday morning for a few hours.
Anyone have the SES6 live date?

Yep! Mornings seem to give the highest quality. The colder weather helps as well. No problem getting 86-87Q on my 1 metre this time of year. Of course, this is with proper skew on fixed dish.

Catamount

I've read that the new sat will be active in about a year from now.

Last edited:
On the Micro Hd I am locked on at 73-75 pct quality which is high for a micro reciever. I know sometimes tps on that bird can be a little edgy though, you pretty much have to be spot on to pick them up.

I had a dishwasher in my old apartment that squealed like a herd of hump-back whales. I finally hammered a screwdriver into the motor windings till it died. I worked at an appliance store and got a nice one at wholesale. We need an astronaut with the same mentality.

Yup we need Lev Androprov from Armageddon, " Components. American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!. This is how we fix problem in the Russian space station!" as he hits the panel with a tool.

Last edited:
Yep! Mornings seem to give the highest quality. The colder weather helps as well. No problem getting 86-87Q on my 1 metre this time of year. Of course, this is with proper skew on fixed dish.

So far this week no COZI TV. Too cold, 10º F, to go out and reskew to the oddball value. Beach cams OK at Q75.
Could it be the cold weather? Something has changed.

I'd say its more inteference some stronger signals than the weather. Last night 18840 was fluxing from 50-60% which was rare for the early evening.
17760H was always at its usual 70%.

With SES6 on the horizon (PUN), i'll just remain patient instead of buying a 1.2m dish.

Cheers, K

It seems your right Tron. Right now its -10 and Ive rarely seen signals this high.
What is usually a Q74 is almost Q77 and Cozi is coming in at a strong 70% right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)