Crackling noise center channel Cinemax

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
For awhile now, in heavy action scenes, ive noticed a pop/crackly noise intermittently in the center channel on Cinemax movies, for example during an explosion. Just heard it quite a bit watching Aliens.

I do not hear this on any other channel, or with blu-ray and the system cranked so Im pretty sure its not anything in my system. Anyone else heard this?

Sending out DD 5.1 to Denon AVR from HWS. Heard on on old Hopper too, so its not the box.

Im pretty sure its more than one. It was AMax earlier with Aliens. On the flip side, Im watchin POTC now on Starz and havent had one issue, and this movie has a lot of aggressive sound.

OK, I can submit a channel report on this for you, can you please PM me with the phone number on the account so I can gather the account information I need for the report?

Why assume this is a Dish problem? Coming from Cinemax, right??

No one is assuming anything, I have Dish therefore I reported it here. Normally they will put in a ticket to check their stuff, and Id assume theyd contact Cinemax. How far do you think emailing Cinemax would go??

Not far... Ill let DIRT look into and maybe someone else has experienced the same thing.

I've had this same issue on Cinemax and HBO. Seems to be on older movies only, late 90's and earlier I ve had no issue on Starz or Showtime

I have spoken to Dish a few times about this and was told it was some incompadability issue between HBO/Cinemax and Dish and that they were working on a fix.

I've had this same issue on Cinemax and HBO. Seems to be on older movies only, late 90's and earlier I ve had no issue on Starz or Showtime

I have spoken to Dish a few times about this and was told it was some incompadability issue between HBO/Cinemax and Dish and that they were working on a fix.

Excellent, just what I was looking for.

I have not heard of an incompatibility, but I have been wrong before so I will keep my mind open. I have submitted a problem report and now I am waiting see if it appears on the channel list. If it does show on the channel problem list I will add another feedback for you on it as well if you like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts