Crappy GUIDES Again

I shouldn’t say anything but they are making changes based on a lot of the feedback they have gotten here on SatelliteGuys and they are slowly making changes which will complete in a few months which should take care of a majority of issues with the guide reported here.

There is a lot more to it but I have probably said too much. But for those who have been talking about guide issues your voice are being heard by Dish and they are doing something about it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I shouldn’t say anything but they are making changes based on a lot of the feedback they have gotten here on SatelliteGuys and they are slowly making changes which will complete in a few months which should take care of a majority of issues with the guide reported here.

There is a lot more to it but I have probably said too much. But for those who have been talking about guide issues your voice are being heard by Dish and they are doing something about it. :)

I hope so because the guide data is sub-optimal and has been for months.

I see they are messing with the way programming is being listed again. So if my timer doesn't match, it doesn't get recorded.

Lov'in streaming. We're finding that the D¡SH recording of a program is more of an indication that it's time to hit TV or the app on whatever device and watching the program at anytime and in better quality.
If you've got the time why don't you check the schedule just before the show starts. I know it's a pain in the a** and you shouldn't have to do it but at least you'll know your show will or will not be recorded.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Maybe a new guide contract to another company! I hear Titan TV is hiring.:)

I shouldn’t say anything but they are making changes based on a lot of the feedback they have gotten here on SatelliteGuys and they are slowly making changes which will complete in a few months which should take care of a majority of issues with the guide reported here. :)

When Sinclair launched AtSC3.0 in Columbus, Ohio, Fox 28-01 was moved to 6-03 and 28-01 became TBD network. I have been patiently waiting for Dish to correct the Guide. This will become an issue for me if Sinclair ends up pulling Fox and ABC from Dish since I won’t be able to record OTA FOX from the Dish guide.
I receive 69 OTA channels through my Hopper3. Twenty of the Dish OTA channels have correct Guide data. Six of the Dish OTA channels show Guide data for the wrong channel. Thirty three of the Dish OTA channels are low power stations that don’t provide a Guide. These include shopping channels, weather, foreign, religious, and news.
But Dish could easily provide the Guide data for ION, Grit, Laff, GetTV, and fix the Guide for the stations that have moved due to the ATSC3.0 transition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. . . and it only took 20 years.

And it seems like it was only yesterday, could have been, that I was being ridiculed for complaining about the Guide and how it was messing up my timers and whatnot. Now I can throw away the billions of pictures I have taken to prove my observations. There's some major drive space recovered.

And now the latest indignity. Fully 50% of movie descriptions now say only: "Based on the book by <Insert author's name here>." How is that supposed to help me decide about the movie? I am supposed to know the plot of every book upon which a movie has been based?

And now the latest indignity. Fully 50% of movie descriptions now say only: "Based on the book by <Insert author's name here>." How is that supposed to help me decide about the movie? I am supposed to know the plot of every book upon which a movie has been based?
Yeah, the guide sub-contractor does not know the meaning of the words "brief synopsis."

It's getting worse by the day. More and more guide infos are now "Based on the novel . . .", "Based on the play . . .", "Based on the graphic novel . . .", Based on the TV series . . ." They don't give you a clue to the plot.

All that's needed is a simple one sentence synopsis of the plot. That's all.

Are there any Dish reps on this forum? Maybe they could take our concerns to Dish management ????

Pretty soon we will have the following in place of all valid plot synopses:

Based on a screenplay by <whoever> .
Based on an idea by <whoever>.
Based on what <whoever> saw on the back of a cereal box.
Based on a story told to <whoever> by his grandpa.
Based on the life experiences by <whoever>.
Based on nothing.

Once again, is there a Dish rep here who can take these concerns to their management? I've tried to call Dish about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts