Cricket IPL4 on Dish?

dish222k

Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
San Francisco, CA
It looks IPL TV rights in North America are owned by Willow TV and Direct TV. Any idea if this will be carried and offered on Dish, hopefully in HD? Thanks much.

You're better off buying the willow.tv package and connecting a device to your TV, especially if you're looking forward to highlights. Dish Network's coverage of the cricket world cup was not great. Willow at least gives you on-demand highlights and video scorecards and every game is in HD. If some boxing or other PPV event conflicts with IPL, you won't get the cricket in HD, since Dish has only one HD PPV sports channel for whatever reason, especially when there are so many other useless channels in HD if bandwidth is an issue.

I didn't find any package for IPL on willow.tv web site. Even today direct tv has removed the ipl from their cricket page. Since the Times Internet bags ipl media rights, we may know more information with in a day or two.

Hmm, looking at the uplink activity, Neo Cricket USA (currently, Comcrap has this channel) has been uplinked, who knows if Dish will have the IPL, but sadly, Dish added this channel before ... and as well, I think Dish will no longer have Zee Sports USA (a stupid channel to add in the first place, especially the ridiculous price of $250 a year, why Dish?) on the 119 satellite, which means one has to upgrade to a big dish.

OK, so IPL is $89 PPV on Dish Network (on their site). Currently, no mention of HD. Then again, the World Cup didn't have any mention of HD till it actually started.

In any case, for me, no HD = no $89

That is interesting..I checked the Neo Cricket Programming schedule on their website and they show IPL on their channel Live... so If Dish is going to offer this Channel soon on its platform what is the use of PPV ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)