Cricket Twenty/20 World Championship

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaveCB

Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
Guys,

Just got off the phone with a CSR at DirecTV's international call center, and I was told not to expect that the cricket Twenty/20 World championship to be broadcast on DirecTV next month. Now, he wasn't too familiar with the whole tournament, so it's possible he didn't really know what he was talking about, but I am a little surprised that the ICC would give exclusivity on one of its main events to Dish, which is what this CSR thought.

I just checked Dish's web site, and there is no mention of this tournament, either. Does anybody have any additional info?

Guys,

Just got off the phone with a CSR at DirecTV's international call center, and I was told not to expect that the cricket Twenty/20 World championship to be broadcast on DirecTV next month. Now, he wasn't too familiar with the whole tournament, so it's possible he didn't really know what he was talking about, but I am a little surprised that the ICC would give exclusivity on one of its main events to Dish, which is what this CSR thought.

I just checked Dish's web site, and there is no mention of this tournament, either. Does anybody have any additional info?

Its live and exclusive on DIRECTV... they are already airing the promotions on cricketplus channel 2024.

pricing is not yet announced and will let you know.

Thanks

quizzer,

Thanks for the info. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised given that the CSR seemed to know very little about the cricket calendar. I even pointed out to him that the message that plays when you are waiting on DirecTV hold refers to the best "live and exclusive" cricket action coming this fall.

I'm not really comfortable that DirecTV has exclusivity on an ICC event (since I'll be pretty annoyed if Dish gets exclusivity when the next Champions Trophy and World Cup rolls around). But for now, I'm happy DirecTV will be carrying it.

Champions trophy and World cup cricket will be shown on both directv and echostar.

But this 20-20 worldcup is an exception as the worldwide rights holder is ESPN-STAR and they have tied up with DIRECTV for USA telecast.

Thanks

quizzer,

Thanks for the info. I just saw the ESPN-Star press releaseat espnstar.com which notes DirecTV as their North American broadcast partner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)