Cricket World Cup 2011

Mary that is very disappointing, how do we get it on the other receivers, do we have to pay another $129 or can you do a reduced rate for the second recevier, i just want my dad to watch

Mary that is very disappointing, how do we get it on the other receivers, do we have to pay another $129 or can you do a reduced rate for the second receiver, i just want my dad to watch
I completely understand how disappointing this news is. Yes, if the Cricket World Cup 2011 would need to be purchased for any additional receivers. There is not second receiver discount available but the Early Bird pricing does apply!

so Mary does that mean i would have to pay another $129 or can i buy willow tv package in addition to my hd package that i have already paid or, so i can then watch it in my bedroom with my wife and my dad can watch as well

calikarim said:
so Mary does that mean i would have to pay another $129 or can i buy willow tv package in addition to my hd package that i have already paid or, so i can then watch it in my bedroom with my wife and my dad can watch as well
Best option switch to other sat provider like I did there is not such a case

It sucks that the audio cuts in and out a little, during the broadcast. Grrrr. It was fine for the actual opening ceremony.

Dish Network - Another half assed job on World Cup 2011

I was on the phone with Dish Network for 15 minutes for activating ICC on my second receiver. He forwarded it to his supervisor, the idiot just disconnected on me the same second. I called on again and after 30 minutes, Dish network has REFUSED to activate this on my second receiver. THIS IS UTTERLY IRRESPONSIBLE. They gave me stories about FTC, contracts and other bull. As a customer, I don't care about your contracts and other stories. I even offered them to verify that they are both in the same household (connected to internet all the time, same IP address).

I subscribed for $129 and pay extra $$ every month to use my 2nd receiver. My primary receiver is downstairs where my family sleeps. I need to see world cup upstairs so they don't get disturbed. I also said that I will pay another $129 to see in my secondary receiver. This is not an option either for them. I cannot switch receivers between upstairs and downstairs due to various reasons. My family wants to watch the replay during the day time downstairs. I am in CST and hence match starts at 2:30AM.

DISH NETWORK Representative, please enable this so all of us can see it on 2nd receivers.

Unacceptable !!

The Sr VP should have his ass fired for this decision. What an idiot and a screw-up !! I am writing a letter to CEO and all his reportees about this incompetence.

EDIT: Is there any other way to use Twitter/facebook any other social media to make this screw-up real loud? Request all of your help in making this VIRAL.

Cricket WC 2011.....Coming on all receivers , confirmed..4 receivers all working...

Ordered the $129 package yesterday through CSR and after few min he confirmed to me that I can watch the matches on all my recievers. First he told me I can use my remote and order the event on each of my recievers and will be charged once. I told him i don't wanna get charged $500+ for 4 receivers since i heard i will be only authorize on main reciever and not on any additional recivers, but after putting me on hold 2 times he came back and said i willbe charged just once. and he can do it through him too and I dont have to use my remote to order the ppv. So I told him to go ahead and add the PPV to my account. Today India vs. Bangaldash , I can see it on all my recievers, 722 and 311 and 211 or watever the receiver numbers are. Only my 722 is connected through ethernet cable and rest of the recievers are not even connected to phone lines. Now i don't know if the first match is still in free preview just like the opening ceremony was, which you can see on all recievers, but I am seeing the match on 454 in HD and 455 for my non hd recievers. I got total of 4 recievers. Hope this clears up any confusion and can someone else confirm this too, seeing the cup on all recivers by ordering once?
thanks

Are you absolutely sure about this ? Just login and check your account as you might be in for a surprise in terms of charges. Best way to check is to see in purchases. If you see purchases on all 4 receivers, you will be charged 4 times for sure. On 722 it is Menu-6-5. Don't know options on other receivers, but you can check that out.

I don't know if this is a technical snafu or something, but ICC World Cup 2011 is only and only avaialble on primary receiver. You are the first person to come forward and say that it is available on all. Technically with all PPV events, you should be able to buy once and would work on all receivers. Dish made an exception at their whims without properly informing customers about not being able to see event on all receivers. Good luck if you are able to see on all.

Ordered the $129 package yesterday through CSR and after few min he confirmed to me that I can watch the matches on all my recievers. First he told me I can use my remote and order the event on each of my recievers and will be charged once. I told him i don't wanna get charged $500+ for 4 receivers since i heard i will be only authorize on main reciever and not on any additional recivers, but after putting me on hold 2 times he came back and said i willbe charged just once. and he can do it through him too and I dont have to use my remote to order the ppv. So I told him to go ahead and add the PPV to my account. Today India vs. Bangaldash , I can see it on all my recievers, 722 and 311 and 211 or watever the receiver numbers are. Only my 722 is connected through ethernet cable and rest of the recievers are not even connected to phone lines. Now i don't know if the first match is still in free preview just like the opening ceremony was, which you can see on all recievers, but I am seeing the match on 454 in HD and 455 for my non hd recievers. I got total of 4 recievers. Hope this clears up any confusion and can someone else confirm this too, seeing the cup on all recivers by ordering once?
thanks

The issue here is that Dish Network DOES NOT fully and clearly disclose which PPV events specifically will only be available on one/multiple receiver(s) or if there are any restrictions on DVR etc etc. This seems to be totally unfair business practice from Dish Network by luring customers. Customers should be clearly informed what they should be expecting for price they paid. Everybody should fight out PPV charges on their bill and with customer service.

I compare this to like going to a restaurant buffet with 100 items and after paying you find out you can only choose 50 of them. That is kind of ridiculous.

So far i have not been charged looking at online account, but that would be really a surprise if i was charged for all the receivers since i specifically asked the total and informed the rep i did not want to pay $500 for all the receivers and was told yes it was only $129 and not more then that. I will check my account daily to see wat the total is and will inform as such.

I was on the phone with Dish Network for 15 minutes for activating ICC on my second receiver. He forwarded it to his supervisor, the idiot just disconnected on me the same second. I called on again and after 30 minutes, Dish network has REFUSED to activate this on my second receiver. THIS IS UTTERLY IRRESPONSIBLE. They gave me stories about FTC, contracts and other bull. As a customer, I don't care about your contracts and other stories. I even offered them to verify that they are both in the same household (connected to internet all the time, same IP address).

I subscribed for $129 and pay extra $$ every month to use my 2nd receiver. My primary receiver is downstairs where my family sleeps. I need to see world cup upstairs so they don't get disturbed. I also said that I will pay another $129 to see in my secondary receiver. This is not an option either for them. I cannot switch receivers between upstairs and downstairs due to various reasons. My family wants to watch the replay during the day time downstairs. I am in CST and hence match starts at 2:30AM.

DISH NETWORK Representative, please enable this so all of us can see it on 2nd receivers.

Unacceptable !!

The Sr VP should have his ass fired for this decision. What an idiot and a screw-up !! I am writing a letter to CEO and all his reportees about this incompetence.

EDIT: Is there any other way to use Twitter/facebook any other social media to make this screw-up real loud? Request all of your help in making this VIRAL.
I apologize for all the misinformation you have received. Cricket World Cup is when purchased, will be authorized on the primary receiver on the account. Additional receivers can be authorized by paying for the event for an additional receiver. If you would like my assistance in getting this done, please let me know. I will need your account info PM'ed to me but let me know because I don't think you can do that yet. Thank you!

DISH NETWORK OUTRAGEOUS POLICY for CRICKET LOVER (MAINLY ASIANS)

All,

This sounds like "racial" bias of Dish network. Their policy is based on ethnic profile of majority of users for this event. It's shame that they assume all of us *decent* customers will be involved in PIRACY.

I'm trying to reach out to SENIOR folks in DISH network and going to lodge complaint with FCC. When we play for multiple receivers every month, it's based on assumption that ALL PROGRAMMING is available on each receiver for that household. They can't force us to pay extra for each receiver (as we're already paying indirectly by shelling out more than $5 every month).
Let me know if anyone knows way to reach out SENIOR VP of DISH for programming/customer service or think it's worthwhile to complaint to FCC.

Thanks,

Why is not Dish Network broadcasting today's Kenya vs. New Zealand match in HD ? If it is broadcasting this match in HD, what is the channel # ? Is 454 the only HD channel on Dish for this World Cup broadcast ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)