Cricket World Cup 2011

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ethernet2k

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Does anyone know if E* will be showing the Cricket World cup as a part of the 19.99/mo Willow TV package?

I"m assuming it's going to be a separate PPV event. Anyone knows how much they'll charge, and if the matches will be shown in HD?

Does anyone know which PPV Channel it will be show? Do we need 118 sat or we still can watch it on 1 of the PPV channels on sat's 110/119/129?

Its $129 on dish. Anybody knows the pricing on directv?

It's $149 on Directv. Last time around (2007), I believe E* shared their signal with Directv, but E* subscribers had more content (highlights, ability to watch online). This time, AFAIK, Directv has the rights and sharing it with E*. I wonder if Directv subscribers get the free extras (for a $20 more, of course)?

I know that actual broadcast from the sub continent is happening in HD. Does this mean that the Dish Network broadcast is not in HD even though the signal maybe?

Mattew:
I subscribed to the PPV Package today and paid $129. I was told at 7:00PM on 1/31 by a Dish Network customer service person on phone that the package will NOT be available in HD. It will be shown only on chanel 455 in SD. I specifically asked about chanel 454 but I was told that it won't be shown on 454. I was also told that my subscription is good for only chanel 455. In fact, I spent extra money and got installed another Dish (in addition to 1000 Dish) to get 61.5 Deg Satellite. This was again as per the customer service person from Dish who said that I will have to have 61.5 Deg satellite. It is so confusing. My questions are: As I have already paid money, will I get in HD or SD? If HD is eventually shown on chanel 454, will my subscription cover it? I appreciate your help. What satellite is really required to see the World Cup?

If you order the event on or before 2/18/11, you get the early bird pricing at $129, 2/19/11 and later it will be $149. You get the HD and SD versions with the purchase of the package. If you have satellites 110 or 72.7 installed (you should, if not, you need to be migrated), you will get all the games. Sorry about any confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts