Cricket World Cup 2011

Just call and complain. Bunch of amateurs on the phone will cry and moan not the help you out. Finally tell them to call up an overworked supervisor on the phone and with this uselss powers he might be able to help you out.

Hey Guys, Dish Network apparently designated the receiver in my bedroom as primary but I want to watch cricket in the family room... Is there a way this can be done without paying additional $$$

i ordered went to one reciever called and bitched. After some haggling and claiming they could not cancel PPV- switched to other receiver and they offered me 5.00 off a month for a year but i asked for free starz for a year- already had free HD platinum for a year for the 30th anniversary promo. The one reciever was fine with me.

Did it ever cross your mind that it could be a contract thing with willow?

Did it ever cross Dish Network's mind to educate all there employees and to disclose this tiny fact during there order process or event description?

In any event, it is well documented that there agents all gave different answers. Obviously anyone smart would have turned to this forum for the correct answer, but doesn't that say a lot about how Dish Network is run.

I am a bit ticked that it took 4 calls for me to finally get the event moved to my bedroom from my basement.

Dish Network has been very good for South Asian broadcasting and have continually expanded there offerings. I am a satisfied customer. I do wish they would have disclosed the primary receiver rule prior to ordering (I would have ordered the event online, so that I can move it around the home as needed). It is a 8.5 hour game and kinda dumb that I can only watch it in my bedroom.

Acknowledgement of miscommunication would be great by Dish, and an offer to switch to online broadcasting or a refund would go further in my eyes.

Just my .02.

I am disappointed with some aspects of Dish TV's Cricket World Cup coverage. E.g., India Vs. Ireland cricket match even though the coverage should have been started at 12.30 AM PST, Dish TV on its both SD and HD channel started coverage only at 1 AM PST. There was no coverage of National Anthems, Toss, Pitch Condition, etc

Then again the same thing happened in the Kenya Vs. Canada match.

Can anybody from Dish Network come with an answer why Dish is being so careless... come on guys, we have paid USD129 for the coverage. Don't do a shabby job with the coverage.

Cant wait for the game tonight! But I dont see the highlights of the final?!?! PLEASE show the highlights too! I would love to keep a recording of this, and the full match is just too much, esp in HD. I really hope the highlights are shown tomorrow!

Horrible policy by Dish Network. One receiver for the World cup, after paying them$250 a month for indian programming etc, i bought the world cup for $120 i believer, my father who is 74 heart patient wanted to watch the world cup and was unable to do so because it was not in his room, only on the main receiver and most of the matches are at 2 in the morning. He was not even able to watch the final, how can you watch a 10 hour match on one receiver , specially when its 2 am in the morning.

I will NEVER ever order and event like this on Dish network , we are the highest per capita ethnic group on Dish network, indian desis and this is not the way to treat us, so many indians are disgusted by Dish network, i spoke to many, when you spend this kind of money on a network, and get treated like this, it is disgusting.

The one reeceiver policy is to keep Indians and Pakistanis from sharing receivers on one account in different households.

That tidbit came from a trainer when I worked at Dish 10 years ago.

The one reeceiver policy is to keep Indians and Pakistanis from sharing receivers on one account in different households.

That tidbit came from a trainer when I worked at Dish 10 years ago.

Tidbit that is the most discriminating statement, i am an indian my monthly dish bill is $275 in one house, how many customers get a mega pack for $54.99 then hd pack-250 and 4 receivers in their mansion , indians the the highest per caita ethnic income group in the country, 50% of al hotels in this country are owned by indians, and two governors, many doctors , businessman , and we don't "share " our tv and receivers, i myself have over 70 employees in my one business to the movie industry , it is a very stupid stereotype, then don't audit us twice a year and waste our time, if your going to cut pay per view for brown people because they cant afford to buy pay per events only for their home. If you can afford a $7000 morgage payment, then paying for world cup cricket is pocket change. What a sorry state of mind for dish network..

Last edited:
Dish network owes us an apology

Dish network owes us an apology for the way we were treated in this world cup , it is horrible, the indian american community is outraged, and many are thinking about their loyalty to dish network solely. I have always loved dish network and still support it but this was a stake in our heart. Dish network doesnt understand cricket is a religeon in our culture and when India wins the world cup at home and you can't watch it on dish network they have done irreparable damage. Even if on the last day had they just done the final on all receivers last minute , what harm would it have done them, who could take advantage , which is total nonsense last two hours before a match, what a sorry decision by them.

Last edited:
First of all, woohoo! India won the World Cup!

Now, coming to Dish. The coverage of the world cup was mediocre. The TV guide was inaccurate for the highlights. After a while, they didn't even display the team names in the highlights. Many highlights landed up being half recorded because of the inaccuracies of the guide on the DVR. The highlights of the finals was only shown in SD, not HD. I mean SERIOUSLY. IT'S A FINAL! I know cricket gets sh!tty treatment from American networks, but come on... everyone knows what a final is.

The coverage on Willow TV Live was so much better. A friend of mine connected a Google TV device and was able to watch the matches on willow.tv The best part .. on-demand highlights, video scorecards and every match &highlights in HD! Needless to say, I will *NEVER* purchase cricket PPV on Dish again if there's an alternate source.

On a related side note, does anyone know who is showing the IPL in North America?

First of all, woohoo! India won the World Cup!

Now, coming to Dish. The coverage of the world cup was mediocre. The TV guide was inaccurate for the highlights. After a while, they didn't even display the team names in the highlights. Many highlights landed up being half recorded because of the inaccuracies of the guide on the DVR. The highlights of the finals was only shown in SD, not HD. I mean SERIOUSLY. IT'S A FINAL! I know cricket gets sh!tty treatment from American networks, but come on... everyone knows what a final is.

The coverage on Willow TV Live was so much better. A friend of mine connected a Google TV device and was able to watch the matches on willow.tv The best part .. on-demand highlights, video scorecards and every match &highlights in HD! Needless to say, I will *NEVER* purchase cricket PPV on Dish again if there's an alternate source.

On a related side note, does anyone know who is showing the IPL in North America?

Since Times-Nimbus consortium have won the global broadcasting rights (excluding territories of the Indian sub-continent, Australia, South Africa, the Middle-East, the Caribbean, Hong Kong and Singapore), I think it will probably be broadcasted on the Neo Cricket channel in the USA.

Yesterday called directv and they said directv is going to have IPL4 in HD for $129.00 and I can see the tomorrow's match listed in guide

Dish network also is going to have IPL 4 on PPV for $89, but it is only on SD. They already updated the guide. It is on channel 455.

I called the customer service and they have no idea about the IPL Cricket Event.. and is it worth 89$ just after spending 129$ for the World Cup? I don't think so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)