Crossover between receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wvman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
N. Central WV
I have something going on between two receivers. All my dishes have dual output Titanium LNBF's on them with the WiFi Filters, which I see aren't available any longer. The problem I'm having is an interaction between the receiver in the living room and the one in the dining room. When my wife's watching the same satellite as I am in the other room, I momentarily lose the channel I'm watching for a second or two.

Sometimes its vice-versa. All the equipment inside and out share a common ground, all the cable is new high quality RG-6 Quad Shield. None of the connections outside are exposed to the weather. I've switched Diseqc switches twice, got the same results. I've checked for stray voltages, found none. Here's my question.

Could this problem be caused by faulty isolation inside the LNBF? If I misspoke when I said these LNBF's are no longer available, set me straight. I didn't see them on Titanium's website the last time I was on there. Not sure where to go. Any suggestions on what to look for?

Reactions: Babadem
A stray voltage is getting into the LNBF somehow. Might be a compatibility issue between the receivers (different brands?), a voltage on ground, a voltage potential between the rooms and the dish, or bonding, etc.

Might make everything play well together if the LNBF drops were fed into a powered multi-switch then distributed to the STBs.

Correct, the C2PLL model LNBF is no longer manufactured or sold. In the other thread you were referencing the two output C238 LNBF, not the C2PLL model.

A stray voltage is getting into the LNBF somehow. Might be a compatibility issue between the receivers (different brands?), a voltage on ground, a voltage potential between the rooms and the dish, or bonding, etc.

Might make everything play well together if the LNBF drops were fed into a powered multi-switch then distributed to the STBs.

Correct, the C2PLL model LNBF is no longer manufactured or sold. In the other thread you were referencing the two output C238 LNBF, not the C2PLL model.
Both receivers are of the same brand and model. Both receivers are on the same electrical circuit in the house, and if there's a stray voltage, I haven't been able to detect it.

As far as bonding, had a friend who is a certified electrician look things over and bonded the entire house. I have a Trip Lite voltage conditioner that cleans up dirty power off the main line before it goes to the equipment, and it also stabilizes the voltage and corrects it.

I did get them replace a nasty transformer on the line a couple houses away, but I'm still getting the interference. I have a couple other things to try just for grins and giggles.

I do plan on getting at least 5 of the new LNBF's with the 5G filters. Thanks for the info.

As I mentioned before, I have a Trip Lite voltage conditioner sitting around, so I added it to the receiver in the other room, and so far, there has been no further problem with whatever was causing the problem.

I am 12 miles out and the power grid out here sucks to say the least. I haven't actually checked it, but I am willing to bet there's all kinds of garbage riding the power lines.

I know there was at least one transformer that was doing all sorts of nasty stuff, but that one has been replaced after calling the PSC and complaining when the power company wouldn't cooperate.

At least the problem I was having seems to have gone away with the conditioner in the line. Thanks for the advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)