HI Folks,

Do anyone has or know where or who can I get a
CRT or VGA computer monitor???

For example....

I have a 19 inch ViewSonic A90f+ CRT or maybe it's VGA type,
computer monitor, like a picture tube, went out in
September, 2017.

I'm still looking for this type of monitor, they do help
my low vision, which has contrast as well.

I bought this ViewSonic 19 inch A90f + CRT montior
at RECP, Recycle Computer in 2011.

And TODAY I asked them if they have any of CRT monitors.
NOPE, they don't have one.

So, I'm asking around to find out IF anyone has a 19 inch
CRT monitor, or knows who still carry them, TODAY.

IF any of you knows where I can find, please do PM ME. :- )))

Thanks,
Eugene
ECruzBUD
SeaTac, Washington

I see them when I go to the local landfill/dump. They have a special area for dropping off electronic items. If you find one you like, I don't think they would care if you took it.

Reactions: TheKrell
My Dad was having issues with his eyes and we had success with a 19" LCD monitor from ViewSonic, 3:4 ratio. LCD contrast ratios today are almost as good as the CRTs had back in the day.

Unfortunately, we cleared the house of CRTs a few years back during an electronics recycling "purge". Any CRT that we have at work would have thousands of hours of use, so you wouldn't want something like that.

Reactions: TheKrell and DWS44
I was thinking same as foxbat. You may want to go somewhere and have a look at some of these newer LCD monitors. They are much better than a few years back.

Reactions: TheKrell and DWS44
Hi Folks,

Thanks for your response.

As for Foxbat, would you please keep looking for a GOOD CRT monitor at your work place???
Find the good one that works and doesn't want to use.
19 inch with either 9 male pins or 9 female pins, you know the blue color connector that
goes into the computer tower. : -)))
IF I were you, I would ask around at work and look around at work and see if there a
good CRT 19 inch monitor that hasn't use much.
NT RUSH.

Thanks,
Eugene
ECruzBUD

I have one in our server room, it is 21 inches diagonal and weighs probably 80 pounds.

I imagine for what it would cost to package and ship it to Seattle, you could get a really good high-contrast LCD monitor. And I'm not 100% sure it doesn't have ghost images or other problems by now.

I took a closer look, it does indeed have image burn, and the brightness and contrast are really bad. I wouldn't wish this one on anybody, especially if they have vision problems. It gets used maybe once every couple years if I have to physically logon at a server console instead of doing it remotely.

Hi Folks,

Okay, Pepper, thanks for trying to help. But keep looking for one in some times.

Thanks,
Eugene
ECruzBUD
Seatac, Washington

Unless you find something that's new in box, most CRTs aren't going to look much like new. The stopped manufacturing them quite a few years ago and what doesn't have a diminished display has probably got leaky capacitors.

I'd heed Foxbat's advice to try some of the newer LEDs rather than hanging the future on finding a servicable CRT.

I do NOT recommend going to a recycling station as anything you find there is property of the recycler. Same thing goes for stuff you find piled in or around garbage cans/dumpsters.

Why not at least try a newer LCD and see what you think of them? You should be able to get one from a place like BestBuy with a good return policy and be able to take it back if it still doesn't work well with your vision. Many of the newer models still come with the old VGA cable connections you mention.

Heck, like Pepper said, you could probably get a nice large 24" or even 27" monitor for what you would pay for shipping of an old used CRT.

Ah good ole CRTs.

Every Spring at work we participate in an electronics recycling drive sponsored by the areas biggest e-recyclers and all of the proceeds from the stuff collected go to charity. We open it up to all employees to bring in their stuff from home. Looking at the recycling certificate we collected just shy of 2400 lbs worth of CRT TVs and monitors last year. Most of which people brought from home. The previous year I went around the building and collected all of the company owned CRTs. I forgot how many pounds it was but it was nearly two full pallets. We have a pattern/coordinate checker that works in conjunction with one of the CNC machines in our manufacturing plant that has a probe connected to an industrial computer used to check measurements of the parts we build to make sure they're within tolerance. The probe uses the same technology as the old Duck Hunter guns, so I kept 4 CRTs in stock in case the current one fails

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)