cs 8000hd software question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
Hi, got a used cs 8000hd today. It had 3rd party software in it so I installed the 1.19.2a software in it.
my dish system is somewhat complex as I have 4 ku dishes and a c band dish all tied together.
using 1 x 4 diseqc then going to zinwell 6x8 switches. my cs handles it fine but the 8000 software leaves me without being able to choose some things. or maybe I just am doing it wrong.

in the setup under lnb power it has 13/18v I assume that it will choose the proper voltage for the H and V transponders. I scanned sat 101 did not get the hist or bio channel. I entered the vpid and apid and piid and scanned them but found nothing.
And I have scanned 3 sats, 83, 99 and 101 but in the listings I can not find where to choose what satellite I want to watch.
I either get all or only one sat, the last one I scanned is the only one that shows up. and a individual satellite.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? thanks

I personally would install 2025...gets rid of a lot of bugs

Attachments

• CS8000-2025A.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 164
Yes I found that and installed it and setup is better and have 2 ku sats scanned in and now for the biggie 101 Ill see if hist and bio come to life. thanks

I personally would install 2025...gets rid of a lot of bugs

now after scanning a few sats is there a button that I can press if I just want to choose one sat to pick channels from? or do I have to go through the whole list?

What HD to tune into

I found one HD clear on 99, any one tell me where to try for anything that would be on 97ku 101ku or any c band? thanks

I found one HD clear on 99, any one tell me where to try for anything that would be on 97ku 101ku or any c band? thanks

im not sure what you mean. but i will say that even with the 2025a firmware the satlist is pretty outdated. use "the list" and lyngsat or any other site and manually update the tp lists.

crackt out,.

for HD channels?

121W has a couple

but the TP list on those Coolsats are outdated. As noted, check thelist

Yes I noticed the tp's listed on the list and some of them were not in the cs. I did find and get a few HD channels scanned in. Its a good improvement for my system with the ac3 and hd. I think I like the used unit I got and glad I bought it. Its the first used unit I bought on line. Thanks for the tips guys.

Working on 121 now, I have a question on editing the tps. If I know there is a HD channel on a tp when I edit it do I need to change the modulation type and if so if it is a mixed tp with hd and non hd do I need to scan it twice after changing the modulation type?
for HD channels?

After I scanned I noticed that on tp 3750 SDhd I took along time to scan and I had good signal but it did not come up with a channel. I got the other hd on other tps.
121W has a couple

but the TP list on those Coolsats are outdated. As noted, check thelist

Last edited:
On previous post I do not know how I edited Icebergs post, sorry for that.
On that tp 3750 I entered the vpid and pcr and it scanned the channel in but no audio came in with it. There was no option for the ac3 and only one line for audio pids.

I tried that but it scanned for a long time with good signal and nothing. when i entered in the vpid and pcr it scanned the video in real quick. but like I said no audio. thanks for tips

I tried that but it scanned for a long time with good signal and nothing. when i entered in the vpid and pcr it scanned the video in real quick. but like I said no audio. thanks for tips

there is no way to manually enter ac3 audio pids.

crackt out,.

STO logs in fine on my 8000 with the newest (2025) software

STO logs in fine on my 8000 with the newest (2025) software

I don't think it's a firmware issue, I think it's a signal issue. I've run into a few cases where channels wouldn't scan in when I had a marginal signal. For example back when I was viewing AMC21 through a bunch of tree limbs, when they had like 10 SD channels on 12180, sometimes my 8100 would only scan in 3 or 4 of the 10 channels, or only 1 of the 2 HD channels on 12140. But if I'd connect the coax to another dish that got a stronger signal, then it would scan in all the channels. Seems like the 8000/8100 is sensitive to errors in the signal. Everyone says that the 8000/8100 has a real sensitive tuner, but I'm guessing that it just reports a lock on a poor signal to look sensitive, but that on the weaker signals it has problems.
But yeah, I went through the channels not scanning in, and trying to manually enter PIDs only to find out that you couldn't enter the AC3 required for PBS, and only solved the problem by improving my signal long enough to get the channels scanned in. I don't think changing firmware will help on this symptom, although the 2025 does seem to be the best firmware for other reasons.
I think it's been nearly a year since I've used my 8100. Overall, a pretty good receiver, but now it's been replaced by my Azbox.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)