CSN Philly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GagneFan4Life

Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
New York area
I apologize if I am asking for details that have already been answered, but I'm a little confused because of a few conflicting posts, so I figured I'd just ask anyway.

I am a Flyers fan living in the NY area. I have NHL Center Ice with DirecTV. The Flyers games are never blacked out (unless they're playing the Islanders, Devils or Rangers, in which case the games are available on one of the many MSG networks, so I can still watch the game), but I always have to listen to the other team's announcers.

I just want to clarify a few things.

If an agreement is reached between Comcast and DirecTV, then the Flyers feed will be available for all games with the NHL package since I am outside of the Philly network and therefore not subject to any blackouts, right?

Also, does Verizon Fios currently offer the Flyers feed? I've had DirecTV for over 10 years, but only because of the NFL package. I've gotten to the point where I'd be willing to do without the NFL package because I've had sooo many problems with DirecTV, but I'm just wondering whether I'd be able to watch the Flyers with the Flyers announcers/feed if I were to switch providers to Verizon Fios, for example.

Is it possible to get the Flyers feed by getting Comcast, even though I'm not in the Philly network? Obviously Comcast is not the ideal service, but if I could get the Flyers feed and all the Flyers games and save money, then I'd definitely be interested in doing it.

Thanks so much.

I broke your post off of an old thread

I am a Flyers fan living in the NY area. I have NHL Center Ice with DirecTV. The Flyers games are never blacked out (unless they're playing the Islanders, Devils or Rangers, in which case the games are available on one of the many MSG networks, so I can still watch the game), but I always have to listen to the other team's announcers.

I just want to clarify a few things.

If an agreement is reached between Comcast and DirecTV, then the Flyers feed will be available for all games with the NHL package since I am outside of the Philly network and therefore not subject to any blackouts, right?
correct

Also, does Verizon Fios currently offer the Flyers feed? I've had DirecTV for over 10 years, but only because of the NFL package. I've gotten to the point where I'd be willing to do without the NFL package because I've had sooo many problems with DirecTV, but I'm just wondering whether I'd be able to watch the Flyers with the Flyers announcers/feed if I were to switch providers to Verizon Fios, for example.
depends on the market (again mainly the Philly Area) but yes they do

Is it possible to get the Flyers feed by getting Comcast, even though I'm not in the Philly network? Obviously Comcast is not the ideal service, but if I could get the Flyers feed and all the Flyers games and save money, then I'd definitely be interested in doing it.
you have to be in the Philly area (or at least an area where CSN Philly is the RSN for your market)

I think it might be more constructive for you to tell us what problems you're having with DirecTV. I too am in the NYC DMA in Northern NJ and I wouldn't switch to FiOS or Comcast. Neither of those services is likely to give you as much HD coverage of the Flyers as DirecTV does even without a CSN Philly feed.

FiOS may or may not get the MSG and MSG+ HD feeds but that's something we'll probably know in the next few weeks (CVC got a stay of the FCC order til 12/13) and I suspect that DirecTV may be waiting to see how that all plays out before really going after Comcast for CSN Philly.

I think it might be more constructive for you to tell us what problems you're having with DirecTV. I too am in the NYC DMA in Northern NJ and I wouldn't switch to FiOS or Comcast. Neither of those services is likely to give you as much HD coverage of the Flyers as DirecTV does even without a CSN Philly feed.

FiOS may or may not get the MSG and MSG+ HD feeds but that's something we'll probably know in the next few weeks (CVC got a stay of the FCC order til 12/13) and I suspect that DirecTV may be waiting to see how that all plays out before really going after Comcast for CSN Philly.
uhh FIOS just got MSG HD and MSG+ HD

Uhhh yeah...and your point? When I posted that it was still somewhat in doubt.

The only way CSN Philly will appear on DTV is if DTV files a request with FCC and (assuming the FCC finds in their favor and there's no reason think they won't) if they are willing to pay for CSN Philly at comparable rates that cable companies and FiOS are paying.

Uhhh yeah...and your point? When I posted that it was still somewhat in doubt.

The only way CSN Philly will appear on DTV is if DTV files a request with FCC and (assuming the FCC finds in their favor and there's no reason think they won't) if they are willing to pay for CSN Philly at comparable rates that cable companies and FiOS are paying.
I think they did and already have found in DTV favor..its at the lawsuit point now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)