Will Merger help in CSN Philly situation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doublek97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Now that AT&T and DirecTV have officially joined, is there any prayer that CSN Philadelphia can FINALLY be brought to DirecTV? I didn't know if the new company would have more clout/ability to negotiate a deal to end the decades old saga. Philadelphia sports fans have suffered long enough!

I would say Directv has less chance then before.

Comcast doesn't want Directv to have it.
FIOS and most all Cable providers Carry Comcast Philadelphia in Eastern and southern Pa.
If Comcast wanted Directv and Dish to have it , they would.

Now that AT&T and DirecTV have officially joined, is there any prayer that CSN Philadelphia can FINALLY be brought to DirecTV? I didn't know if the new company would have more clout/ability to negotiate a deal to end the decades old saga. Philadelphia sports fans have suffered long enough!

Doubtful. ATT does not serve Philly so it has no relationship with Comcast in regard to CSN Philly. Of course, hope springs eternal.

Doubtful. ATT does not serve Philly so it has no relationship with Comcast in regard to CSN Philly. Of course, hope springs eternal.

What about CSN Oregon (or CSN Portland, not sure what it's officially called)? AT&T has a more of a relationship in the west, like we've seen with the Pac12 rumors.

The point is that nothing would change for Comcast as far as the negotiations go. ATT is not going to overpay any more than DirecTV did before the merger.

For any area where there is U-verse and one has a deal and the other doesn't, there is hope those can be worked out for the other. I just don't see anything happening here.

The point is that nothing would change for Comcast as far as the negotiations go. ATT is not going to overpay any more than DirecTV did before the merger.

For any area where there is U-verse and one has a deal and the other doesn't, there is hope those can be worked out for the other. I just don't see anything happening here.
maybe they will. att may suck it up and pay the costs to get pac12 on DTV.

I thought Directv was already rumored to be getting the Pac 12... If At&t is willing to pay a boatload, then a shipload, and then an aircraft carrier load of money for CSN Philadelphia, they or anyone can carry it.

While talking with a DirecTV customer service rep today (and I landed Free Sunday Ticket for the season!), I mentioned my wish for CSN Philadelphia. I have mentioned it before in the past, and the response has always been "I will forward your request to my supervisor, etc." Today, the response was different, and I hope it is a real sign of a future resolution. The rep said "We are now happy to be part of the ATT Family, and I can tell you we are working on adding that channel."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts