CSRS getting spec lists for mpeg 4 dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Questioner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
Usually with directv that means a product is coming out in a month or two, but I have my doubts, some csrs are still insisting it will.

are you making a statement that csrs have a spec sheet in hand and not just promotional materials?

Last night I was told that they will be released at the end of the summer and the units were in testing right now and that ther ewer eno reported problems (how would she know the problems though). She was an elevated technical service representative.

I talked to a csr yesterday, I couldnt get them to give many details, but apparantly there are going to be 2 versions of the new dvr, and it will come ready for media sharing, not that that will be possible for a while.

Questioner said:
I talked to a csr yesterday, I couldnt get them to give many details, but apparantly there are going to be 2 versions of the new dvr, and it will come ready for media sharing, not that that will be possible for a while.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and it will come ready for media sharing, not that that will be possible for a while.

Would this other option be the HMC that has been rumored for so long ??? seeing media sharing was mentioned ....

I think D* would rather sell the HMC over the DVR, more potential for growth.

Hoopefully, they will not release until the bugs are worked out and MPEG4 is corrected.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)