Status
Please reply by conversation.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
So I just got off the phone with directv, took several transfers and I finally ended up with someone in case management. All I wanted to know was what pricing I would be looking at to add an HR34 to my system. After my 4 transfers the CM guy finally told me they arnt aloud to offer any discounts to current customers. I would be looking at the 399 +49 for install. I said my apt lease was up in the next few months and what about a move? because I know you used to be able to get a free HD box, or DVR, or a discounted HDDVR with your move + free install, well the CM guy said he had to transfer me to the Movers team to discuss their deals with them. I said sure why not, got transfered to movers, and this lady couldnt understand I only wanted pricing, kept pressing me to set up the install, and I had to explain 3x that I dont even have a new apt yet, was just definitely moving in may. And when I brought the HR34 up, she said she had to transfer me to Case Management as they were handling that particular receivers upgrades. So 5 CSRs later, my only answer is 450$. If this is the case Im going to do the install myself when I move with a box from solid signal, and see what DTV will give me when the time comes, I thought there was a thread a few weeks back on current customer upgrades for the HR34 but cant seem to find it now. Anyone have any input?

DON'T USE CASE MANENGEMENT! Once they get involved with anything and they send a tech out you only get 2 calls to your home then you're done and they won't send anybody else out. As far as pricing goes, I've HEARD that they are no longer offering current subs any discount of any kind even if you're moving when it comes to the 34. I would try the whole cancel deal. See if they can get you a discount to try and keep you

Yeah I would just cancel and use a family members name. So much easier and much cheaper. Kinda dumb they make it that hard. Just have to play the game.

so i probably am better off getting it on solid signal, and getting a swm16 to drop off a truck then self install... I wonder what they offer with moving now...

How do I get the Home Media Center HD DVR?.

The Home Media Center HD DVR is currently available only to new DIRECTV customers. If you order DIRECTV online, look for the Home Media Center HD DVR among your receiver choices when you select your receivers for your DIRECTV system. If you order DIRECTV by phone, ask the representative about the Home Media Center HD DVR.

The Home Media Center HD DVR will be available to existing DIRECTV customers soon.

so much for the loyal customers, thanks for the 10 years of payments....but we got nothing for you

unfortunately Im still going to be in contract, I cant just up and cancel. Only thing I can think of is calculate what the ETF is going to be and base that on the HR34 Upgrade, and say its cheaper for me to cancel and put it in my gfs name as a new customer, and shell get a better deal. and see what they do. Anyone know off the top of their head what DTVs ETF is?

rkr0923 said:
How do I get the Home Media Center HD DVR?.

The Home Media Center HD DVR is currently available only to new DIRECTV customers. If you order DIRECTV online, look for the Home Media Center HD DVR among your receiver choices when you select your receivers for your DIRECTV system. If you order DIRECTV by phone, ask the representative about the Home Media Center HD DVR.

The Home Media Center HD DVR will be available to existing DIRECTV customers soon.

so much for the loyal customers, thanks for the 10 years of payments....but we got nothing for you

What? It been available to current subs since beginning of last month

unfortunately Im still going to be in contract, I cant just up and cancel. Only thing I can think of is calculate what the ETF is going to be and base that on the HR34 Upgrade, and say its cheaper for me to cancel and put it in my gfs name as a new customer, and shell get a better deal. and see what they do. Anyone know off the top of their head what DTVs ETF is?

I believe its $20 p/m left.

You still want to try and speak to the retentions team. Say cancel when you call and say cancel again. Then politely ask the retention team person if there is anything special they could do to get the HR-34 at a discounted price. It worked for many off us. You don't have to cancel and re-sign up to get a deal. Good luck.

I was offered the 34 for $99 with new 2yr contract as mine is ending in a few weeks. I asked if I can get 2 and he said yes.. 99 each. Might consider the offer.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I was offered the 34 for $99 with new 2yr contract as mine is ending in a few weeks. I asked if I can get 2 and he said yes.. 99 each. Might consider the offer.

you have MRV on your current setup papo?

Nope.. U??

yes. see if the deal includes free installation with MRV. if it does then go for it. some have gotten it at that price and others free but $99 is still better than $299.

yes. see if the deal includes free installation with MRV. if it does then go for it. some have gotten it at that price and others free but $99 is still better than $299.

Yeah I will make sure I check on that MRV chingadera ;)

As a longtime sub, I decided to try last week, to get one. My commit wasn't up till August, so my ammo was limited.

First call was to a CSR and no go on any discounts. Second call I went the cancel route to retentions. After haggling with the guy and reminding him of how long I had been with Directv(since 1999), he said he could only knock off $100 down to $299. I told him that still wasn't very good. After a brief hold, he came back and said he could also add $25 account credit for 6 months. I said that would work but how much would installation be? He said $49 and I said again that would push it out of my range. He again put me on hold for about 5 minutes this time and when he came back, he said the install would be free.

So while I had to cough up $299 up front, with the programming credits, ultimately the price was $149. I could live with that.

It was installed this past Monday. It included a new LNB, SWiM setup and DECA MRV since I had been running it through my network and had 2 lines to every receiver.

I also got lucky when the installer mistakenly thought my HR20-100 would not work with this MRV. He replaced it with an HR24. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts