current dishnetwork and directv offers

That is probably not a likeable option, but yes - 2 years. I asked about cancellation fee - it is prorated $10/month. So it will be between 0 up to $240.
So if DirectTV will do something next year it will be not a big deal to cancel.

HDFreud said:
Question: For E and HD as I understand it, the current Voom Dish is almost in position. They just have to switch to oval for 2nd sat?

The answer was "YES" two years ago. "NO" is the correct answer now. They have only CBSHD (if you qualify) and HD DEMO (absolutly worthless) only on current 61.5 location.

I've called Dish twice trying to figure out what I want to do and I get more confused each time. Can someone familiar with Dish plans make a recommendation for me? I need three boxes and only one needs to be hi def. I'm totally on the fence about a DVR (never used one before, but like the idea and would probably use it). If I could get a straight answer as to what they cost, I could make the call. I want to keep the total monthly fee at or near the $65 I was paying for Voom. I don't want to buy any equipment and I like the Americas 180 programming.

The Dish CSR's keep pushing the "one box for two tv's" stuff. What wiring needs to be run between the tvs? Each of my three tv's is on a different floor of the house, so I'm guessing this isn't an option.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm at my wits end trying to figure out E*.

So the nice people at Dishstore offered me a 942 and a 625 for about $275 + the refunded installation cost (49.95). Because I'm in the zip codes with the promotional programming offer, I can get America's Everything + HD pack for $79.99 a month for the first 6 months, then $89.99 a month for the next 6. All with no commitment. Not a bad deal at all. After I sell my Replays, I'll make a profit. I seriously considered DirecTV, but at $700-$900 for the HD Tivo it adds up to a lot of dough. The $200 rebate is nice and I'm seriously jonesing for the NFL HD package, but I just don't know that I can poney up the cost.

-MP

Heh, well if the only receivers I have are the 942 and 625, I can't get much use from the Replays ;). Besides which I also have 5 PC-based tuners.

Dish offered me a free 811 with no contract to return. No programming concessions except for HD package at $5 per month for 6 months.

We have two HDTV and two older model TVs.

I went through the motions of filling out the order form for the DISH plan I'd like to have with DISH Network and this is the result:

Getting Started
One Time Fees
LEASE EQUIPMENT UPGRADE
$250.00 (for DISH 942)
Digital Home Plan Activation Fee
$49.99
625 UPGRD FEE
$19.99
One Time Cost: $319.98
Monthly Equipment Fees
Programming
America's Everything Pak (with locals) $76.99
Digital Home Advantage (2 Receiver) $5.00
DISH Network HD Pack $9.99
DISH HOME PROTECTION $5.99
Monthly Subtotal: $97.97

You'd only get HD on one set if I understand correctly. The second output on the 942 is downrezzed I believe.

madpoet said:
You'd only get HD on one set if I understand correctly. The second output on the 942 is downrezzed I believe.

You are correct TV1 would get HD and TV2 would get down-converted HD using the 942.

madpoet is correct. Not HD on the second set off the 942. However the deal they provided me was the 942 for $250 and they "gave" me two 811's for my other two HD sets. I ended up with a 12 month committment, I understand others have been able to get no committment.

Karman said:
I've called Dish twice trying to figure out what I want to do and I get more confused each time. Can someone familiar with Dish plans make a recommendation for me? I need three boxes and only one needs to be hi def. I'm totally on the fence about a DVR (never used one before, but like the idea and would probably use it). If I could get a straight answer as to what they cost, I could make the call. I want to keep the total monthly fee at or near the $65 I was paying for Voom. I don't want to buy any equipment and I like the Americas 180 programming.

The Dish CSR's keep pushing the "one box for two tv's" stuff. What wiring needs to be run between the tvs? Each of my three tv's is on a different floor of the house, so I'm guessing this isn't an option.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm at my wits end trying to figure out E*.

I believe there is only one wire that runs from the 625 to the additional tv.
I ordered Dish again and got the 811 HD receiver, and the 625.

This will save you an extra $5 mirroring fee for a 3rd box. The 625 has a component on it that controls the 2nd remote, which is how you can turn the 2nd tv without turning the other at the same time.

I'd say ask about the wiring if its going to be a significant amount of space from the two tv's the 625 would be attached to.

The 625 should cost you a one time 19.99 fee and the 811 is free with the promo

I have a pending install/package which consists of (1) 942 for $250 under the new customer lease program and (2) free 811s (1 for an HD set due to the 942 2nd room limitations, the other will fold in HD OTA and letterbox display the OAR HD channels on an SD TV), net free install and no commitment. I'm initially doing the 'Everything' pack w/ locals (which is $86.99mo as far as I was quoted)...which waives the $5mo DVR fee for the 942; the locals sub is necessary for program info to be rolled into the guide on the 942 from the OTA. The programming discounts I was given include 3mo discount of $10 under the 'America's Favorite 180' for the price of '160' promo, and 6mo free 'HD Pack' (-$9.99mo).

All in all, more than I want to spend a month for less HD programming than V* (VVV package was roughly the same price)...but I do have a DVR now, which I'm excited about. And I can watch G4TechTV and some other SD that I sort of missed. Plus, getting interactive channels (which we lost over a year ago on D*) and the Sirius music are cool features (might even get the portable for the car). Looking on the bright side...right? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts