Current OLN Status (It is on Ch 151 on DISH)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
jldhawk said:
Time to go watch the AVS UPSET the Stars. in HD!!!!

Oh please, the Av's have played all season like they had wished they could have taken another year off. Enjoy this series, cause it will be the last Av's series until next season.

jldhawk said:
Time to go watch the AVS UPSET the Stars. in HD!!!!

Another bummer -- it is in SD in LA!

Charlie better get his crap together or I'm gone as soon as my contact is up next month. I'm really tired of him deciding I can't watch OLN when every other service has it. Dish isn't a service -- it's a Charlie Ergen power trip...

It took years for baseball to recover after the strike and it will take years for hockey to recover.....

jldhawk said:
Avs vs Stars game is in SD here also, (OTA antenna) Charlie didn't make this decision.
well of couse he did! Haven't you been reading the treads here? Charlie is is charge of all, and controls all! It MUST have been his choice and his choice alone to make sure that the game was aired in SD and not in HD just to piss people off! That's how he build his company to 12+ million customers.:D

What are you people teaching your kids?
It's ALWAYS someone else's fault?
No accountability for your own actions?

FYI: Colorado 5 Dallas 2 in the third period.

obermi said:
Sorry! But what is FTA?

It stands for "Free to Air". This means that the signal is unencrypted and can be received with a standard MPEG 2 receiver. This does not include Dish Network receivers in this case. Dish can still "block" the channel for their own receivers even they uplink it FTA.

See ya
Tony

jldhawk said:
Back to the topic of OLN.
I guess they aren't going to air the evening game on Dish Network.

Someone posts something that they heard from someone else and you all run with it. What was that tale about Chicken Little? Anyway, this really has been fun to watch you all go overboard as usual without waiting for official word from Dish and OLN. hehehehehe

Slamminc11 said:
Someone posts something that they heard from someone else and you all run with it. What was that tale about Chicken Little? Anyway, this really has been fun to watch you all go overboard as usual without waiting for official word from Dish and OLN. hehehehehe
Damn it, and I was sooooo looking forward to taking credit for getting OLN back on Dish Network, because of all of the emails I sent off, and these message boards.
Don't worry, I won't bother you any more once OLN comes back online, I just joined this board because I thought I would get some answers, but All I've seen is sarcasm and chest thumping.

Last edited:
jldhawk said:
Damn it, and I was sooooo looking forward to taking credit for getting OLN back on Dish Network, because of all of the emails I sent off, and these message boards.
Don't worry, I won't bother you any more once OLN comes back online, I just joined this board because I thought I would get some answers, but All I've seen is sarcasm and chest thumping.

no reason to pout, I find it rather humorous that people, with no inside knowledge to what was going on, talked and felt like they knew what was happening, when in all actuality, didn't!
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having OLN back, not that I would watch anything on it, but the more channels Dish has, the more people will sign up and in theory, the higher my stock goes, and then I make more money on my investment. So sure bring them back, but bring them back on Dish's terms, not on OLN's!

For the record, OLN is back uplinked, but it is the "oln-lite" version without the hockey games. Normal dish network receivers cannot view the channel.

jldhawk said:
See, chest thumping at it's best! (With a little bit of sarcasm mixed in)

yeah, and it is really starting to get sore. (with a lot of sarcasm mixed in!) ;) :D

HokieEngineer said:
For the record, OLN is back uplinked, but it is the "oln-lite" version without the hockey games. Normal dish network receivers cannot view the channel.
Thank you for posting, now if it's ok with Mr Sarcasm, I have a question.
I'll wait to get the ok, before i post my question.

jldhawk said:
Thank you for posting, now if it's ok with Mr Sarcasm, I have a question.
I'll wait to get the ok, before i post my question.
sorry I was washing my socks! Go right ahead! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts