Current OLN Status (It is on Ch 151 on DISH)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
While in this case it may be being used as OLN Lite, it is actually OLN Alternate and is being shown on local cable systems which require a blackout much like Comcast Cable in the Flyers market here.

OLN is in SD and HD here on Comcast Cable in Brick,NJ. It's a shame that the Dish deal hasn't been finalized yet. More and more I'm beginning to think that the NHL deal with OLN wasn't the best one. How long is the deal for? Does anybody know?

jldhawk said:
Thank you for posting, now if it's ok with Mr Sarcasm, I have a question.
I'll wait to get the ok, before i post my question.

and for the record, someone asking a ligit question, no worries! I'll even try and help when I can.
Are you just sore cause I said the Av's wouldn't make it past this series (and for the record again, they played a hell of a game today!)

Tvfan24/7 said:
OLN is in SD and HD here on Comcast Cable in Brick,NJ. It's a shame that the Dish deal hasn't been finalized yet. More and more I'm beginning to think that the NHL deal with OLN wasn't the best one. How long is the deal for? Does anybody know?
Two years.
BUT< ESPN had the first chance to MATCH OLN's offer but they turned it down.

I just read on the other satellite board, that someone is reporting that they are currently seeing the OLN-Lite version of OLN in Denver, with a message saying the Flyers/ Sabres game isn't on due to local blackout restrictions. Is this true at all?

Tvfan24/7 said:
I just read on the other satellite board, that someone is reporting that they are currently seeing the OLN-Lite version of OLN in Denver, with a message saying the Flyers/ Sabres game isn't on due to local blackout restrictions. Is this true at all?

It is OLN Alternate. Not available to normal subscribers. Is available on Mpeg2/FTA receivers. I get the same on Comcast Cable here in the Flyers market. They are showing "Legends of Hockey".

It is listed on channel 447 Alt4 program guide.
But it is blacked out.
I just don't get it.
If Dish has it uplinked for SOME people, but not those of us who PAY for our receivers and program packages. (Like Center ice), HD package, and I used to have the 180 package untill they dropped OLN.

But my point is, IF OLN has EXCLUSIVE rights to this broadcast, then why are we seeing a channel at all on our program guides, and then that raises the next question, the "DEAL" must have been hammered out, BUT Dish Network is now holding up it's release.

OLN does not have exclusive rights to this game. It is also being shown on CSN Philadelpia for the Flyers market.

If there is a deal, the delay may be in implementing the Blackout tables. The game on OLN is blacked out on D* here in the Flyers market and is likely blacked out in the Sabres Market.

Last edited:
What program guidea re you seeing it in? I would hold off on blaming either side till we have some facts.

Who says OLN is not coming back???

this is whats currently showing on chan151

Attachments

• OLN.JPG
    OLN.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 154
Thats my mistake then, I thought then that I have the Center Ice Package, BLACK OUTS dont aply and I should then be able to watch the OLN Televised game tonight.
The program guide I am looking at is my 120HD silver guide on Dish network.
This is "Sateliteguys" web site right? Not Comcastguys...

Wasn't OLN-Lite free-to-air for months? Thursday or Friday it was scrambled when the "coming back April 22nd" slate was posted and is now free-to-air again with the Lite version showing again. Hmmm seems to me no deal has been made.

I am so confused. I thought that is why I couldn't see ANY OLN games, was because they had not settled their pissing match with Dish Network, THEN people are saying they see OLN on 151, but the Hockey game is blacked out in the Sabres and Fliers market.
I'm not in those markets,+ I have Center Ice.....

I'm not saying anything!:D

that wasn't meant for you hawk, just so we are clear. Just happened that you posted a second before I did!

Last edited:
goaliebob99 said:
Who says OLN is not coming back???

this is whats currently showing on chan151

Unfortunately, I don't think he plays hockey. Looks like we still have the NHL-Free OLN edition. I think we are no closer than we were a week ago.

Maybe dish is just fu**ing with us, with the slide and all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts